Win10 downloaded overnight, so now what?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
A few quick questions.. Windows 10 downloaded to my PC a night ago and there it sits waiting... but for what? Am I supposed to initiate the install or will something trigger my PC to notify me?

I've also gone ahead and downloaded my expected version's .ISO for future safe keeping. Could I use this for my upgrade instead if I choose to not wait for my PC to initiate the install?

At this point in time I have a legit copy of Win8.1 Pro and I prefer to do an "upgrade" at this point. Potentially even a "refresh" once installed. But I'm not certain that an "upgrade" option is available through the .ISO and I don't want to worry about purchasing a new product key if I go that route.

Suggestions on should I just wait for the install to just start on its own? Or whether I can do the upgrade using the .ISO while keeping my product key intact?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Me, personally. I always do a fresh install when going from OS to OS. It's always the better way.

if you install from ISO, you can use your windows 8.1 key to activate your windows copy.

You can also mount the iso in windows and run setup.exe and choose the upgrade option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon