Auto downloaded my apps!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I asked a few weeks ago if Zune would give me back my apps after I got a new phone. Everyone said I had to re-download them myself, but they would be free.
I have had my new phone a couple days now. I have not plugged it in to any computer AND my old computer that I use to wirelessly sync to is gone. When I went to use my phone today it had all my old apps installed on it by itself during the night while it charged.
Did anyone else know about this feature??
I am 100% sure I never reinstalled these myself. I'm running nodo on this new LG quantum.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
They reinstall if you downloaded them through Zune but not the apps you got via the Marketplace on the phone.

Wireless syncing is really handy. Great feature.

You said you don't have your old computer now so i'm a little confused where your aps returned from too. :)

Last edited:

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They reinstall if you downloaded them through Zune but not the apps you got via the Marketplace on the phone.

Wireless syncing is really handy. Great feature.

You said you don't have your old computer now so i'm a little confused where your aps returned from too. :)

We are on vacation since I've gotten my phone. My wife connected to the same wifi with her notebook, but I just checked to make sure and it doesn't even have Zune on it. The phone must have pulled the apps from the marketplace on its own.

I'm pretty sure these are apps that I purchased directly from the phone. I rarely ever bought apps from Zune on my PC.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Nice to know all my apps I have bought on the phone so when I get mango hopefully they will auto return as well

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed that a few apps installed when I last did a hard reset on my phone. I entered my WLID and then proceeded to redownload apps. As I was doing so, I've noticed in the Games Hub that there was already a game installed. My phone wasn't using wireless sync nor was it plugged in to my laptop. I also noticed that my Twitter account was already added when I went to add accounts.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice to know all my apps I have bought on the phone so when I get mango hopefully they will auto return as well

It didn't happen on mine right away. It could have been our wifi at the in-laws house messed up though. It took about 24 to 48 hours before I noticed them all there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes