WP7 and contacts

momentowner

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a HTC Arrive this weekend and was wondering when you set up your gmail does it sync your contacts too. If not what is the best way to make the transition from an android device? Thanks

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe it does. However, if not, it isn't very difficult, since you HAVE to use a Live account that will definitely sync contacts. You would just go to contacts.live.com, then choose "manage" and click "import". On the page it will take you to, just choose gmail. You will then have to give Live access to your gmail account, but it will do the rest automatically.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gmail account, and once I set up the account it did sync all my contacts to the phone. As you use the phone and add contacts, you also have the option to save it to either Windows Live or Google. Good luck with your Windows phone, and welcome to WP Central. :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gmail account, and once I set up the account it did sync all my contacts to the phone. As you use the phone and add contacts, you also have the option to save it to either Windows Live or Google. Good luck with your Windows phone, and welcome to WP Central. :)

Oh yes! Where are my manners! Welcome to WPCentral! :D Also, thanks for the thanks. ;)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

This is what I did. My contacts were already in Gmail since I was on android so I added the account to the windows phone and everything was there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes