Calendar tile not live

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I really like it that my current/upcoming appointment is shown on the lockscreen and on the calendar tile. It's something I've always missed on iOS and it was one of the main reasons for me to jailbreak. On Android however you can of course customize as much as you want and being used to Android and jailbroken iOS, I miss seeing my upcoming appointmentssss (plural).

That the lockscreen is static, I can understand that, but why is the tile not flipping or scrolling like the ME tile or one of your contacts? It can show my current or upcoming appointment first and after 2 seconds show my next appointment and cycle through at least all my appointments of today (or maximum of 5). Right now I'm just seeing the appointment I'm currently having, which is not really interesting for me, because I'm already in that appointment.

I've seen other calendar tiles, but most of them don't look good design wise and they don't link to the built in calendar app. Or am I missing an option or app that does this?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that I missed most in WP7 (coming from WM6 with a highly customized HTC Sense layer) was the ability to have a very high information density on the main screen. Android home screens have the same kind of high-density features. (iOS does not in that it just shows some icons and counts.)

I grew not only to not miss high-density home screens, but to dislike them. I want a place to take a quick look at what was going on at any time. The time I spent looking at my WM6 screen was much higher because it tried to jam everything in there. I looked at things that weren't timely or relevant.

I know that this sounds a bit like apologizing for the choices that Microsoft made -- it isn't that. Instead, in my case, it is admitting that they were right that too much stuff shown at once lowered productivity and utility and I was wrong that higher was always better. (I actually counted active touch areas on my WP7 and WM6 home screens: 10 vs 37, including a scrolling calendar. I also had up to 27 additional home screen pages.)

Sometimes, simpler is better.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean only primary calendar, because all my sync'd google calendar entries show up on it... I just wish they labeled WHICH calendar the entry came from.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
what do you mean only primary calendar, because all my sync'd google calendar entries show up on it... I just wish they labeled WHICH calendar the entry came from.
You are correct. I had only tried it for a short while when I was trying to get a week view calendar app and must have gotten it confused with another app...

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried AppoinTile and Calendar Tile (Calendar Tile | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)) and they do have some nice options, but they are still very bad design wise. My appointment titles are sometimes pretty long and especially the full address in the location field is very long and AppoinTile puts them both behind each other :) Calendar Tile looks like a nice solution but is still low res and doesn't have a wide tile. I will be checking up on both, but I still don't understand that Microsoft didn't implement a live tile instead of a static tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes