What issues have you run into with this phone so far?

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I read through most of everyones*issues with the phone. overall I love the*phone. I think most of the problems I heard that I can even relate too seems to*me might be the windows os bugs I had one where I jumped the gun with the insider build before there*was a roll back. Now there is one and not on the insider build anymore it broke to many things like wifi calling. No I also*have to share the fact as well as alarms . I uses the phone as my way of getting up for work and yes when playing music the phone actually for*phone speakers are amazingly loud but when it alarm it is low . I hope alarm app update will solve that . Now Yes Cortana tends to*activate when I don't want it to. Now I know I can turn that off but my last windows phone I used was a lumia 550 so the hey Cortana didn't work. Now I am having a current problem hoping maybe It might be just not knowing how to work this properly. I like to have specific ring tones and specific text tones for specific people in my contacts it is in the settings I have done this. But none of it seems to work it just uses my default ring and default text tone. I hoping that there might be someone out there that might be able to help me with this. Now as far as the vr stuff well it amused me for 15 mins . It is not why I bought the phone. * Now as far as the*accessories I love the wallet cases I did buy one but no cut out for the finger print scanner

duckydan

Oct 9, 2007
Visit site
MMS issues where i will have to download the message or I receive the message but also another one from "UNKNOWN" that says "Couldn't get message." Doesn't seem to be missing any messages just seems to be having a problem handling them. Anyone else have this type of issue with MMS messages?

Haven't been on here in a few days but I had the same issue around the same time as you... only one message from unknown that said it couldn't be delivered. Everything came through and all texts were working so I just deleted it.

Latest issue for me is every now and then fingerprint sensor just stops responding and I need to reboot the phone. I've also had the OS lock up once or twice and I had to force reset. Nothing major to be honest and it's been running like a champ. I have found some games to be battery killers though but that's expected.

Dune 74

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by jlwaters11
Is anyone else having trouble Connecting their BAND 2 to the Alcatel Idol 4S? Mine was linked to my L640 and worked perfectly. However, It won't connect properly to the Alcatel. I removed the Band app and reinstalled, I even factory reset the band, to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I the only one out of luck?

Did you un-register it from your previous device?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone not been able to reset their idol from hw keys? When I boot up holding the volume down key I get blank screen. Holding volume up takes into download mode. But that is not where a hard reset can be triggered from vol up, Vol down, power, Vol down.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the button placements are terrible for taking photos or videos in landscape which is about all I use.

I keep having videos stopped because my thumb is on the power button and the phone tells me to swipe down to close. If I flip the phone over, its better but then you inadvertently change the volume and still might trigger-shut down with a finger. There is no way to hold the phone that doesn't either risk that happening or make it more likely to drop or have the phone bumped out of your hands by a 3rd party or your own movements.

Power buttons should NOT be at a corner.

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm running on fast insider ring and that has dramatically reduced the number of false cortana launches - but HDR photos now take around 7 seconds ! Anyone else noticed that ?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been stable, on production OS. I do notice that while playing a song via the hardware aux cable in my car, and when a call comes in via bluetooth, the music will stop as normal, but when the call ends sometimes I have to press the 'play' button on the phone to resume, and sometimes it resumes on its own. Probably an OS issue, though.

Another issue I noticed recently from a recent watch purchase is the connection to the Garmin vivoActive HR watch will not auto-connect, that I have to open the app to get them to sync, so notifications do not always come.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another issue I noticed recently from a recent watch purchase is the connection to the Garmin vivoActive HR watch will not auto-connect, that I have to open the app to get them to sync, so notifications do not always come.

I'm not seeing this with Band 2... Maybe approach Garmin about their App and give them a bug report.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the hard reset via button combo, it was just my timing.

The last issue I had from the last production update to .953 that was random and annoying. When I had my phone awake but locked, it would hang and reset if I went to use the finger print reader to unlock. It did this at least three or four times from the lock screen. Also if my phone was locked and I answered a phone call if I placed it to my ear the screen would stay lit. I would have to unlock phone and go back to current call in progress for the screen to turn off if placed to my ear.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Probably not the phone, but the OS itself: Alarms still do not work, as they come in so softly, and there's no way to boost the volume setting of alarms. When you set up an alarm, and pick a ringtone, there's a triangle 'play' icon allowing you to preview it, and the volume previews loudly. But when the alarm sounds, the volume is so weak, even though the volume buttons are set to '10'.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not the phone, but the OS itself: Alarms still do not work, as they come in so softly, and there's no way to boost the volume setting of alarms. When you set up an alarm, and pick a ringtone, there's a triangle 'play' icon allowing you to preview it, and the volume previews loudly. But when the alarm sounds, the volume is so weak, even though the volume buttons are set to '10'.

This is typical now. Alarm starts low, but builds as it cycles until it reaches a very loud state. I have no idea why they changed it... It seems to be this way across any device on W10M.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is typical now. Alarm starts low, but builds as it cycles until it reaches a very loud state. I have no idea why they changed it... It seems to be this way across any device on W10M.
It's been like that on every platform I've used for quite some time. I figure it's easier on the senses to be gently eased into the alarm than having a blast scare the bejeezus out of you.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Rum and fat (to use your first 3 letters!) I had the alarms wrong, and yes, the volume does get louder if left alone.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know I've hit every notification option and settings option and I simply cannot get a sound to play for new email.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know I've hit every notification option and settings option and I simply cannot get a sound to play for new email.
Did you activate sounds in the mail settings? I know it's redundant but it's necessary.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you activate sounds in the mail settings? I know it's redundant but it's necessary.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

It's strange. In the app - settings - notifications. "PLAY A SOUND" is not highlighted.

Wait, I just clicked SHOW NOTIFICATION BANNER off and on again and the sound one lit up. I just checked it. Thanks this hopefully will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon