05-01-2018 09:18 PM
207 1234 ...
tools
    Lol! ^ Mine also has an IPhone 6+ in the last year and at the same time I've had the 950xl ( my 1st unlocked and now the X3) and haven't noticed any of this, will verify and I'll let you know, we both are on AT&T also by the way. What do you meant by adding the phone to the master tables ?
    The Idol 4s from AT&T's end was not recognized as any device they have stored or mapped in their network of possible devices compatible with their LTE network. This is by the imei number set that identifies Alcatel's Idol 4s phones to model 6071w. There was just no record of it. I don't know exactly how it works not being in that field, but there is a block or set of imei numbers for all the 6071w phones. With the imei I gave them it allowed at&t to gather or generate the list or subset of numbers to identify my phone and other idol 4s phone model 6071w. Once done and populated whatever database or master record with those numbers allowed activating my imei with at&t so it shows up as a valid device and not just unknown. Otherwise according to the support guy entering my imei then caused it to default to a non-data device or no LTE.

Maybe too much info, Is that what you were asking?
    03-14-2017 04:21 AM
    For anyone who is curious, I figured out a way to enable AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice on my Unlocked IDOL 4s. I confirmed LTE holds while on a Voice call (not defaulting to 4G), I also confirmed ims registration to one.att.net is valid. I am still trying to test full functionality, and need a couple more days at least since I just enabled it today.
    libra89, RumoredNow and paschott like this.
    04-29-2017 01:44 PM
    For anyone who is curious, I figured out a way to enable AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice on my Unlocked IDOL 4s. I confirmed LTE holds while on a Voice call (not defaulting to 4G), I also confirmed ims registration to one.att.net is valid. I am still trying to test full functionality, and need a couple more days at least since I just enabled it today.
    I picked up the Idol 4s last week and started using it on AT&T Wednesday. I'm in south-central Pennsylvania between Lancaster and Harrisburg. I'm happy with the phone so far (clear upgrade from the Lumia 520, 635, and 640 I've used) but I'm not getting great speed on LTE (see attached). Any tips you have would be appreciated. Also, what is the best camera app for this phone?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20170430_0001.jpg  
    04-30-2017 04:01 PM
    Were you ever able to get visual voicemail working?

Update: My VVM provisioned itself a few hours ago.
    Last edited by brookaveli; 05-01-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: new info
    05-01-2017 08:04 AM
    I would be very interested in your results and if you could post how you enabled the AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice. People I call tell me they have a hard time hearing me and i sound "muffled"
    05-01-2017 10:21 AM
    I picked up the Idol 4s last week and started using it on AT&T Wednesday. I'm in south-central Pennsylvania between Lancaster and Harrisburg. I'm happy with the phone so far (clear upgrade from the Lumia 520, 635, and 640 I've used) but I'm not getting great speed on LTE (see attached). Any tips you have would be appreciated. Also, what is the best camera app for this phone?
    damn that could be a great speed LTE in Costa Rica lol i only get 3 MB at top
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-01-2017 11:46 AM
    I will check on the LTE speed thing, I never really cared much about how slow webpages load and such so probably never noticed. I never had a video lag though...If you get band 12 in your area and are on LTE, try toggling roaming on to see if there is a difference in speed. Just curious.

Supposedly the best camera app could be ProShot (UWP app). But check out this thread for more on that.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:14 PM
    I would be very interested in your results and if you could post how you enabled the AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice. People I call tell me they have a hard time hearing me and i sound "muffled"
    It is more or less an interop hack, but you would need the IMEI of Lumia that gets Enhanced LTE services on AT&T for them to finish the provisioning.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:16 PM
    I'm also getting the high pitched squeal when an iPhone user first answers
    05-01-2017 07:40 PM
    I'm also getting the high pitched squeal when an iPhone user first answers
    What APN is set? I used to think it only occured when nxtgenphone was used. Then recently started getting it on the APN phone too.
    05-01-2017 08:30 PM
    Also the HD voice part is paired with other HD Voice compatible phones on AT&T. Only recently AT&T and Verizon announced inter-operability with Enhanced LTE services I think. For now I can conclude it works with other AT&T enabled devices and sounds just like any other HD voice compatible phone I have used on AT&T. Every time I call our iphone 7 it comes in loud and clear, and she says I sound the same.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-05-2017 04:55 PM
    So I am in basically Phoenix AZ. I get double the speeds you get right now. There are a couple of caveats here. I am on the T-Mobile ROM and Firmware. Not by choice...long story on that one...

I had no roaming enabled when I tested. Then I tested with roaming and got slower download speeds. So it could just be the fw for the T-Mobile settings. Signal strength is almost always 4 to 5 bars on this phone everywhere locally out here though. Also my apn is defaulted to nxtgenphone since VoLTE services is provisioned on it. Any changes from your end?
    05-05-2017 05:02 PM
    @fpetro22 here if you want to know how I basically got it enabled.
    05-17-2017 12:36 PM
    I've gotten up to 90Mbps down with an AT&T data SIM on my iPad. Location is east of Harrisburg over towards Philadelphia.
    05-17-2017 02:05 PM
    What APN is set? I used to think it only occured when nxtgenphone was used. Then recently started getting it on the APN phone too.
    My APN is phone. Sorry I fell off the map on this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20170522_0001.jpg   wp_ss_20170522_0002.jpg  
    05-22-2017 02:12 PM
    Hi Nate,

I read somewhere that the LTE bands mentioned in the box may vary depending on which carrier you buy the phone from. However you can still use the phone on other bands.

I am from India, where we have LTE bands 3, 5 and 40. Do you know if the unlocked model works on these bands.
    01-20-2018 11:27 PM
    Hi Nate,

I read somewhere that the LTE bands mentioned in the box may vary depending on which carrier you buy the phone from. However you can still use the phone on other bands.

I am from India, where we have LTE bands 3, 5 and 40. Do you know if the unlocked model works on these bands.
    I have been seeing this question more and more now that this particular model goes for 99.00...In the US and Canada this variant (open market/factory unlocked) is very compatible. It does not carry LTE band 3 or 40 enabled, but it should have band 5. This is what I have a record of it carrying enabled as far as 3G and 4G LTE bands:
    UMTS: 1,2,4,5 LTE: 2,4,12,5,7,17
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900

The Idol 4 Pro aimed for the European regions has band 3 enabled.

There is a beta app called cellmapper that shows the LTE bands you lock to. It might be helpful for discovering cell towers and enabled frequencies on the device. Unlike where the Lumia fieldtest app is the tool of choice for Lumia phones.

Edit: Frequencies on the Idol 4 Pro Euro variant:
    GSM Band850/900/1800/1900
    LTE Bands1/3/7/8/20/28A/38
    01-21-2018 12:11 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

Snapdragon 820 on other phones like HP Elite X3 in Windows and Most Android phone support all Bands.

I know some bands are inactive. Is there any way to activate them.

Can any one answer this question?
    01-21-2018 10:11 AM
    I know some bands are inactive. Is there any way to activate them.
    Yes there is. At your own risk but yes...
    I attempted to do this on my T-Mobile IDOL 4s, but went a bit too far, was not completely familiar with QPST and QXDM and how they operate. Now my idol 4s has no IMEI and if I try to restore the .qcn file if fails at about 65% each time...

It can be done, but nobody has confirmed it yet.
    01-21-2018 01:38 PM
    img-20180122-wa0001.jpg

Can you send me link for instructions to activate the inactive bands. I will give it a try.

The unlocked Alcatel Idol 4S phone which i have received only has LTE bands 2, 4 , 12. This was purchased from Microsoft Online store.
    01-21-2018 05:16 PM
    Does this unlocked version have all the bands as my Cricket Lumia 650? I am considering it for the $100 . I can't afford to lose any bands as Cricket doesn't allow roaming. I live in se South Dakota and travel alot in sw Minnesota. I am happy with my 650 but want continuim. Thanks
    01-21-2018 05:45 PM
    As you can see his pic no.
    01-21-2018 06:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180122-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	138605

Can you send me link for instructions to activate the inactive bands. I will give it a try.

The unlocked Alcatel Idol 4S phone which i have received only has LTE bands 2, 4 , 12. This was purchased from Microsoft Online store.
    Bummer. Thats fewer bands listed on the box then when i bought the unlocked model last year from Microsoft...The only directions (unofficial) are what I derived from the XDA forums. I can point you to links for information and how to understand what to do but there are no official directions anywhere.
    01-21-2018 06:03 PM
    Oh, sorry he must have posted while I was typing. I am using Windows central app on my 650.
    What bands does att use? Are all of them in my cricket Lumia 650? Cricket won't tell me what they use in the areas I live and travel.
    01-21-2018 06:22 PM
    Sorry to be a pain.

Can you provide me direction?
    01-21-2018 06:44 PM
207 1234 ...