Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

livin_raj

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

IMG-20180122-WA0001.jpg

The phone that i have purchased, but not in my hand has UMTS 1 / 2 / 4/ 5. Please find screenshot of the box.

How and When you will receive the phone? Please let me know the UMTS and LTE band on your box once you get the box and Did the phone support LTE in India?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

I had purchased through comgateway MS will delivered tomorrow to them then I guess I can get pic tomorrow then I can decide as per your screenshot your phone will not support LTE in India JIO use band 3 and band 40 and others providers support 3 and 40 too and 3g will be supported

livin_raj

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

I contacted Alcatel US support via their website. They responded that the phone support LTE Bands 2/4/12/5/7/17 with proof of their specific sheet. :wink: I am still happy to take this phone for the deal.

Capture.PNG

Would you still go for the phone if it only has 3G?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

I contacted Alcatel US support via their website. They responded that the phone support LTE Bands 2/4/12/5/7/17 with proof of their specific sheet. :wink: I am still happy to take this phone for the deal.

View attachment 138623

Would you still go for the phone if it only has 3G?

thats good BAND 5 sure for JIO but we need to make sure its works VOLTE .

Bill Brooks

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site

I used it on AT&T in the US. Mostly without problems but there were a couple times it showed I had a cell signal but I couldn't use the phone.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

I am looking for way to get into the engineering menu to see what bands are actually active. To bad ##3282 # doesn't work on this phone. Nate mentioned cell mapper beta. I didn't see it in the store.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I am looking for way to get into the engineering menu to see what bands are actually active. To bad ##3282 # doesn't work on this phone. Nate mentioned cell mapper beta. I didn't see it in the store.

Cell mapper will not show you all capable bands for the device, but only allows you to see what your phone picks up nearby. There is a way however to see what bands are enabled as I mentioned before with QXDM. There is a decimal configuration set for LTE_BC_CONFIG (Item 06828) that will be set with something. I have since changed that on my IDOL4s and now it sufferes a reboot loop, as I have tried to restore the QCN file to it many times it fails part way through. I copied the original number down at one point, I may take more time at some point to restore the qcn file or try more, but for now I do not know what my model had originally set there. I have a unlocked T-Mobile variant.

EDIT:
Ok I think I found and remember that my model even though it is a T-Mobile model had the same bands enabled as the Open Market Unlocked model. Its just that carrier settings do some out of box configurations/provisioning in the ADC directory to utilize the bands as they see fit.

The decimal should have been 67674
67674 -- dec
10 85 0a -- hex
10000100001011010 -- bin

This translated to LTE bands 17,12,7,5,4,2

The reason I ended up messing my phone up was due to my efforts to enable GSM/UMTS frequencies that the phone is not capable of. Which I tried to do from QPST service programmer. I should have left that alone and only touched the LTE ITEM from QXDM.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

For you all trying to see how this phone will work on other networks not in the US or other than AT&T, I suggest you make a dedicated thread as this one was made just for AT&T...This way you can grab more attention

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

Thank you, as said earlier using on cricket (aka) Att. Only been using few days and need to go into sw Minnesota with it to compare service with my Lumia 650 cricket branded phone.
I am disappointed that visual voicemail and hd voice don't work. Would also like nfc to go along with tap to pay.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, as said earlier using on cricket (aka) Att. Only been using few days and need to go into sw Minnesota with it to compare service with my Lumia 650 cricket branded phone.
I am disappointed that visual voicemail and hd voice don't work. Would also like nfc to go along with tap to pay.

There is a hack to get hd voice to work, but for At&t you need to have a Lumia 950 IMEI or another compatible IMEI that is an AT&T branded windows phone for it to work. VVM should work with no problem.

hquu

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site

EDIT:
Ok I think I found and remember that my model even though it is a T-Mobile model had the same bands enabled as the Open Market Unlocked model. Its just that carrier settings do some out of box configurations/provisioning in the ADC directory to utilize the bands as they see fit.

The decimal should have been 67674
67674 -- dec
10 85 0a -- hex
10000100001011010 -- bin

This translated to LTE bands 17,12,7,5,4,2

The reason I ended up messing my phone up was due to my efforts to enable GSM/UMTS frequencies that the phone is not capable of. Which I tried to do from QPST service programmer. I should have left that alone and only touched the LTE ITEM from QXDM.

Thank you Nate for sharing the details.
I will give a try on the QXDM for more LTE bands used in China when I get my idol 4s on hand.
What would you advise to do? should I try the 17592185995263 or just the 1 3 38 39 40 41 I need?

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

@hquu
Only do what you need to test. That decimal you listed could attempt to enable non-capable bands due to whatever hw limitations or lack of antenna configurations and could lead to problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb