The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-01-2018 09:18 PM
207 12345 ...
tools
    Oh, sorry he must have posted while I was typing. I am using Windows central app on my 650.
    What bands does att use? Are all of them in my cricket Lumia 650? Cricket won't tell me what they use in the areas I live and travel.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Mobility
    01-21-2018 06:54 PM
    Sorry to be a pain.

Can you provide me direction?
    I cannot build a step by step guide on this since I do not know enough about this area of topic...plus it is very easy to permanently mess up your phone with these tools. I can however provide you the basic information so that you can try it yourself if you decide. I recommend you get familiar with the XDA forums for extra information and analysis before you try to do it though. Remember that editing/altering/changing EFS data on your phone can render it inoperable or brick it if you do not know what you are doing or make a mistake. So use the tools at your own risk.
    You need to download and install QXDM professional 03.12.714 and QPST version 2.7.460. Make sure all the drivers are installed.
    Boot your phone into factory mode using ffutool.exe (found in Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK)) by executing this command <ffutool.exe -setbootmode 1 factory>.
    From there you should see in device manager the COM port show up as Qualcomm Diagnostics Port 9001 COM #whatever .
    From there open QPST Configuration, make sure your COM port is detected and open QPST Software Download and make a backup using the backup tab to a qcn file and a xqcn file just in case.
    Close that program and use QXDM to edit the LTE bands. Look under NV Browser > LTE > LTE BC Config. There are other LTE categories but if I remember correctly this was the only one that had a value. Click read to read the value there. It will be in decimal format. If you are not familiar with binary/hex/decimal then I suggest you familiarize yourself on that too. The LTE bands are defined in that decimal number. Ultimately the LTE bands are defined as a binary set converted to HEX and the final result is a Decimal which QXDM uses. Copy that down in case you need to restore it. FYI-there is conversion that takes place from the what you see defined as the LTE bands. They started at the binary set went to hex then to decimal. I won't go into that here just look up a thread on XDA to help your self understand it better or read the manual/use google. Anyway you change the decimal number on that item to the desired one with the Needed LTE bands. Be careful that you do not try to enable more than you need or try not to enable a Band that the phone cannot open, as you could cause problems. You should be better off than I was, I was a little careless thinking I could just restore my QCN file if anything went wrong, but I did something to the GSM/UMTS frequencies on the QPST Programming app that rendered mine inoperable at the moment.
    01-22-2018 12:46 AM
    how about installing idol 4 pro ROM Europe version ?
    01-23-2018 02:50 PM
    Raj
    is 3g working well in India with idol 4s ? T MOBILE FIRMWARE HAD LTE 5 which is support by JIO but not sure if u put JIO sim then volte will work or not
    01-23-2018 02:56 PM
    It won't work. The efs/nvi configs are hard coded in each variant. It's been attempted before. You would have radio interface layer updated meaning the OS and drivers would be there but the actual efs/nvi data is not altered during an ffu flash.
    01-23-2018 02:58 PM
    T-Mobile's version offers Wi-Fi calling. Very important because the network is Shiite.

Originally posted by editguy
    I'm not on AT&T so I can't answer your first questions. But as to the differences between the Tmo version and the unlocked, I'm fairly confident that the only difference*between the two is the Tmo software and that it says T-Mobile on the splash screen while booting up. There is no T-Mobile branding on the exterior of the phone. But none of that answers your major questions
    01-23-2018 08:02 PM
    Not sure if it will work on 4G LTE (JIO), but it should work on 3G.

Asked my friend to get it for me who is coming to India next month.
    I will receive my Idol 4S after a month. Will test and let you know.

The phone is out of stock for $99. You can still get the VR model for $199 (priced increased from $169)
    01-23-2018 08:32 PM
    T-Mobile's version offers Wi-Fi calling. Very important because the network is Shiite.
    Important for some (maybe most?) but not for everyone. I bought one from the MS store for a song. The idea to have one as a spare phone. But I retired the T-Mobile 4S my wife had been using and replaced it with the unlocked one from MS store so as to not waste warranty coverage. Since we have good signal at home and any place we go that MIGHT have free wi-fi, we are lucky and can do without the wi-fi calling.

Carriers lose some customers over not providing wi-fi calling to BYOD that are designed for wi-fi calling such as the 950s. Not sure about the 4Ss. Phones are more important to me than carrier. If I didn't have signal at home for whatever phone I wanted and the carrier didn't provide wi-fi calling (or devices for the home to act as dedicated mini-towers), I wouldn't replace my phone, I'd replace the carrier.
    01-23-2018 08:43 PM
    I purchased one at $99 few days ago not in hand yet but MS store spec saying it donor have UMTS 2 not 1 so not for India 3g I think
    01-23-2018 10:31 PM
    Are you taking the risk of keeping it or are you going to return it.

I don't have much knowledge on 3G technology.
    01-24-2018 12:02 AM
    I will check the box 1st then will decide some people get UMTS 1 BAND ON THE BOX
    01-24-2018 12:19 AM
    img-20180122-wa0001.jpg

The phone that i have purchased, but not in my hand has UMTS 1 / 2 / 4/ 5. Please find screenshot of the box.

How and When you will receive the phone? Please let me know the UMTS and LTE band on your box once you get the box and Did the phone support LTE in India?
    01-24-2018 12:40 AM
    I had purchased through comgateway MS will delivered tomorrow to them then I guess I can get pic tomorrow then I can decide as per your screenshot your phone will not support LTE in India JIO use band 3 and band 40 and others providers support 3 and 40 too and 3g will be supported
    01-24-2018 03:15 AM
    FedEx just delivered mine. Box is exactly like the posted photo. I am going to get it activated with my cricket sim and check it out.
    Partha Goswami1 likes this.
    01-24-2018 11:20 AM
    I contacted Alcatel US support via their website. They responded that the phone support LTE Bands 2/4/12/5/7/17 with proof of their specific sheet. I am still happy to take this phone for the deal.

capture.png

Would you still go for the phone if it only has 3G?
    nate0 likes this.
    01-24-2018 08:43 PM
    i will do some tweaks follow this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ds-to-t2886059

as it would not be my main phone so lets do something new
    01-25-2018 12:59 AM
    I contacted Alcatel US support via their website. They responded that the phone support LTE Bands 2/4/12/5/7/17 with proof of their specific sheet. I am still happy to take this phone for the deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	138623

Would you still go for the phone if it only has 3G?
    thats good BAND 5 sure for JIO but we need to make sure its works VOLTE .
    01-25-2018 01:14 AM
    I used it on AT&T in the US. Mostly without problems but there were a couple times it showed I had a cell signal but I couldn't use the phone.
    01-27-2018 12:18 AM
    Raj mine is same like yours
    01-27-2018 04:37 AM
    here is mine download.jpeg
    01-27-2018 07:29 AM
    I am looking for way to get into the engineering menu to see what bands are actually active. To bad ##3282 # doesn't work on this phone. Nate mentioned cell mapper beta. I didn't see it in the store.
    01-27-2018 10:31 AM
    Found cell mapper on xda. Will have my son set it up this weekend.
    01-27-2018 10:40 AM
    I am looking for way to get into the engineering menu to see what bands are actually active. To bad ##3282 # doesn't work on this phone. Nate mentioned cell mapper beta. I didn't see it in the store.
    Cell mapper will not show you all capable bands for the device, but only allows you to see what your phone picks up nearby. There is a way however to see what bands are enabled as I mentioned before with QXDM. There is a decimal configuration set for LTE_BC_CONFIG (Item 06828) that will be set with something. I have since changed that on my IDOL4s and now it sufferes a reboot loop, as I have tried to restore the QCN file to it many times it fails part way through. I copied the original number down at one point, I may take more time at some point to restore the qcn file or try more, but for now I do not know what my model had originally set there. I have a unlocked T-Mobile variant.

EDIT:
    Ok I think I found and remember that my model even though it is a T-Mobile model had the same bands enabled as the Open Market Unlocked model. Its just that carrier settings do some out of box configurations/provisioning in the ADC directory to utilize the bands as they see fit.

The decimal should have been 67674
    67674 -- dec
    10 85 0a -- hex
    10000100001011010 -- bin

This translated to LTE bands 17,12,7,5,4,2

The reason I ended up messing my phone up was due to my efforts to enable GSM/UMTS frequencies that the phone is not capable of. Which I tried to do from QPST service programmer. I should have left that alone and only touched the LTE ITEM from QXDM.
    Last edited by Nate W; 01-27-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: extra info
    01-27-2018 11:10 AM
    For you all trying to see how this phone will work on other networks not in the US or other than AT&T, I suggest you make a dedicated thread as this one was made just for AT&T...This way you can grab more attention
    01-27-2018 11:16 AM
    Thank you, as said earlier using on cricket (aka) Att. Only been using few days and need to go into sw Minnesota with it to compare service with my Lumia 650 cricket branded phone.
    I am disappointed that visual voicemail and hd voice don't work. Would also like nfc to go along with tap to pay.
    01-27-2018 02:08 PM
207 12345 ...