ok, so is WM going to be chosen to have integration with new autos by anyone? I think apple has already joined up with somebody and now android too. No love for us?.....Open Automotive Alliance aims to make 2014 the year of Android in cars | Android Central
    01-06-2014 07:34 AM
    The article doesn't say exactly what kind of "integration" they plan on. It actually sounded more like a refinement to Bluetooth for a universal connection standard. I really don't see much benefit in this effort. We can already get telephone calls and music / video through head unit devices. What more do you need?
    01-06-2014 07:58 AM
    The article doesn't say exactly what kind of "integration" they plan on. It actually sounded more like a refinement to Bluetooth for a universal connection standard. I really don't see much benefit in this effort. We can already get telephone calls and music / video through head unit devices. What more do you need?
    I don't know what i need but when a group this large picks a platform like android to use i can assume they will come up with some solid ideas. It is unfortunate that once again we are out in the cold. Oh well, maybe Yugo needs to partner up with somebody.
    01-06-2014 10:59 AM
    Right now on my WP I can connect to my car via Bluetooth and make/receive calls and texts. Via OnStar I can unlock the doors and get status updates about the car. I can buy a $25 adapter that plugs into the data port and will send real time information about my car to my phone of sensor data and error codes.

Seems that my WP will integrate really well with my car. I really can't think of anything else that isn't already possible.
    01-15-2014 09:55 AM