Quiet Hours (aka Do No Disturb) now on Windows Phone!

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Would it be possible to stop the scheduler turning quiet mode on if it detects that it is currently playing audio (via headphone or Bluetooth or speaker)? I sometimes listen to a podcast or radio programme on catch up last thing at night and and QH cuts in when just for once it is inconvenient.

Ideally, I would like it to postpone the mode change until the next 30 minute background task cycle but if it means completely missing out that night then that would not be the end of the world.

Also, would it be possible for the live tile to show if quiet mode is currently on or off? I know you can tell from the presence / absence of the volume mute symbol but that means another finger swipe if just looking at the home screen ready to play some music for example.

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that this wont work every time. App can detect if music is playing right now, but if an app plays sound file not through windows phone media library, it is impossible to detect

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If there are any apps I use that don't play ball I can always hassle them to conform? The podcast app I use has a very helpful author and the other main one I use this way is BBC iPlayer. There is also Le Mans radio via TuneIn but I can live with manually restoring sound from that once a year.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with the scheduler spontaneously turning itself off? Is there some usage of the phone which will cause the scheduler to turn itself off? I do sometimes manually turn quiet mode off (using the start screen tile) then turn it back on again during the scheduled quiet mode period.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this behavior and unable to catch what is wrong :(
This is Windows Phone who turns off scheduler, but there is no sign of any errors in exceptions report .

Still trying to find what cause it

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Are there any plans to update this app to work with 8.1? Missing it and do not have Cortona in the UK which I understand provides similar functionality.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Are there any plans to update this app to work with 8.1? Missing it and do not have Cortona in the UK which I understand provides similar functionality.

As Microsoft do not gives us new API we cannot implement support for WP8.1 yet. I think they just do not want other application to behave like Cortana's quite hours

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2