Sirius XM App Coming to WP8

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I have been on a "roll" lately contacting companies with large and popular apps for other devices (or web services) to see if they have plans for WP8 (or W8 in general).

I emailed SiriusXM support and I got what seemed to be a pretty cut / paste reply. However they do mention that support is being worked on, though they just say "for your smartphone and portable media player" so perhaps that is cut and paste or perhaps they refuse to say lumia 920 and surface RT... but no mention of windows 8 is made.. hopefully they didn't just give me something saying that they are working on it when they really aren't so i'll take it as good news.

My Message in the question form:
Will there be a SiriusXM app for the windows phone 8 platform? I know this is available on all of the other phone systems (even blackberry). I would very much love to use the app on my new Lumia 920.

I would also like to extend the question if possible to include windows 8 in general, as well as the RT tablets for windows 8. I also have a surface RT tablet I would love to use my Sirius XM subscription with. I am aware that there is a web interface for this, however I am hoping that an app would become available as that is a better solution I believe.

The reply:
Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding SiriusXM content on your mobile device.

We have been hard at work developing applications that allow you to stream great SiriusXM content to your Smartphone or portable media player. Visit the link below to view our list of supported devices and to download the SiriusXM Premium Online application free of charge.

SiriusXM for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Android mobile devices - SiriusXM Radio

The following Smartphone?s and media players require the free downloadable SiriusXM application:

- iPhone? 4
- iPhone? 3GS
- iPhone? 3G
- iPhone?
- iPod Touch? (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
- iPad? (Using the iPhone? App)
- BlackBerry? Storm & Storm2 (9500 Series)
- BlackBerry? Bold (9000 Series)
- BlackBerry? Bold (9700 Series)
- BlackBerry? Tour (9600 Series)
- BlackBerry? Curve (8500 Series)
- BlackBerry? Curve (8900 Series)
- Motorola DROID
- Motorola CLIQ
- HTC Droid Incredible
- HTC Droid Eris
- HTC Hero
- HTC Evo 4G
- HTC Evo Shift 4G
- HTC Evo View 4G
- HTC Incredible
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Desire
- HTC Evo 3D
- Motorola Xyboard
- Motorola Xoom 3G
- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid 2
- Motorola Droid X
- Motorola Droid X2
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Nexus S
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Google G1
- Google Nexus 1

- Other Android? Smartphone's - The application should function, but has not been tested by SiriusXM. (Note: Requires OS 1.5 or higher)

Ensure that you are running the latest software and firmware on your device. For instructions on how to upgrade your device software or firmware, visit the manufacturer's website.

...blah blah blah more text I took out as it was unimportant to the topic ...

What do you all think? Hoping it comes as I know it's something many people are asking for..

BenOK350

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I sent a similar inquiry about the Lumia 920 back in early November, and got the following, similar response. Yours sounds a bit more optimistic, so maybe there is some progress being made. I hope so...
---------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding our service. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We currently do not have information as to when the SiriusXM Internet Radio application will be upgraded to support more smartphone models. We recommend that you visit our website for updates.

For more information, please visit the link provided below:

SiriusXM for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Android mobile devices - SiriusXM Radio

The following smartphones are able to support the SiriusXM Internet Radio Application:
- iPhone? 4
- iPhone? 3GS
- iPhone? 3G
- iPhone?
- iPod touch? (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
- iPad? (Using the iPhone? App)
- BlackBerry? Storm & Storm2 (9500 Series)
- BlackBerry? Bold (9000 Series)
- BlackBerry? Bold (9700 Series)
- BlackBerry? Tour (9600 Series)
- BlackBerry? Curve (8500 Series)
- BlackBerry? Curve (8900 Series)
- Motorola CLIQ
- HTC Droid Incredible
- HTC Droid Eris
- HTC Hero
- Google G1

etc....

bbraune

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope the official SiriusXM streaming app is coming soon to Windows Phone. Ever since the legacy WMA stream was taken down, the 3rd party apps no longer work and no longer appear in the WP store.

Maybe that, in itself, is a good sign.

Kyle Carney

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The best route to go is to go to the Facebook page OR the website and do the chat with Listener Care. Facebook would get better response I think. Just bug them about getting an app for WP8. Basically, the more popular the idea is, the faster it gets done.

I work for the company as an LCR, I have to disclose that this post does not reflect the views and opinion of SiriusXM and is only my personal opinion.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The email is too generic and doesn't answer your question. It is simply a broad automated respond some idiot picked from a list on his screen. In other words, the support company they hire to handle their support needs has no clue on what sirius is developing unless sirius tells THEM (in which case what usually happens...is that doesnt happen too often).

So you think they are talking about your device but they aren't . They are simply talking about devices in general. They didn't say anything about Windows devices...they just said "we are hard at work trying to figure out new ones to bring our product to media devices around the world". That doesn't answer anything....doesn't tell you what the chance of it happening is.....or how long it will be.......or if they even have the slightest interest in choosing WP as a platform they want to develop for. They simply gave you a response hoping your eyes will tell you what you want to hear so they don't have to really deal with the question.

Corporate bull...that's all :(

I promote the idea of sirius on EVERYTNING. I'm a share holding so I'm pro pro pro pro the success of it. They need to focus a little harder on their customer service.

I visited my father this weekend and he had to call them because he doesn't even know what his login is for online radio. He of course was connected to Mr. Habbibi in India. So your not talking to Sirius directly when you email them.

Vote for the app to be considered here:
http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions?query=Sirius

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I just live chatted with someone in Sirius XM support and was told that they have no plans to release an app for Windows Phone 8 at all. Sucks! I know. 😞

Josh Clement

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is the email I got two weeks ago:

Josh,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Social Media. I have been informed that an app is in development for the Windows phone. I do not have a time frame. There will be public notification when it is available.

Stephen Campbell
SIRIUS XM Digital Listener Care Team
Monday- Friday 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. EST
1-888-463-5435

wintel

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's about time. When apps like this do not boil up to the top quickly it stops the platform from growing or softens the subscriber-ship from the service. Or both. Anyway your dice it the WinPhone8 leadership must be sleeping at the wheel. And I'm a big WinPhone evangelist.:angry:

jakeriddel

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 928 should be arriving on Wednesday to replace my Driod Bionic. I'm going to keep the Bionic to download shows off SXM over WiFi and play them until the WP8 app is out. Has anyone heard any updates or confirmed that they are actually working it as Stephen Campbell claims.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope they come out with one. I want to listen to Opie and Anthony. I will listen to them on my Galaxy Nexus until I get it on my 822.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon