06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 7879808182 ...
tools
    Damn! MSFT. Just allow it already. This feature had more than 12000 votes on User voice and still it's not here.
    12-07-2015 11:26 PM
    And the most important question: do you think its possible to adjust default values for sharpening & saturation/colorization in ProShot unter W10M ?
    As already stated, I really hate what Windows camera produces with the Lumia 950 but the RAW output is beautyful albeit a little exaggerated reds.
    I agree.JPEG processing on Lumia 950 is really bad. Especially on auto and rich Capture.
    The results are even worse when you shoot indoors with medium or low light.
    Very high contrast, dark shadows and the colors is a mess.
    12-08-2015 07:04 PM
    Hi there. I just played with ProShot these days and it seems I am unable to modify Shutter Speed at all on the Lumia 950. Also I see that Iso and shutter speed on auto are the same between WIndows Camera and ProShot. Is this a limitation?

I'm specially interested in being unable to modify shutter speed.
    12-09-2015 11:32 AM
    Hi RiseUpGames,

Proshot is an awesome app.. great work..!! I have been facing some new issues after recent update.

I am using in Lumia 830, after taking a HDR photo, the app crashes and the photo also doesn't get saved sometimes.
    12-18-2015 01:12 AM
    Hi there. I just played with ProShot these days and it seems I am unable to modify Shutter Speed at all on the Lumia 950. Also I see that Iso and shutter speed on auto are the same between WIndows Camera and ProShot. Is this a limitation?

I'm specially interested in being unable to modify shutter speed.
    Microsoft is slowly dropping support for the older API that was used to make ProShot, and this is an unfortunate consequence. There is not much that can be done right now until I finish updating the app for Windows 10.

Hi RiseUpGames,

Proshot is an awesome app.. great work..!! I have been facing some new issues after recent update.

I am using in Lumia 830, after taking a HDR photo, the app crashes and the photo also doesn't get saved sometimes.
    Hmm, I know that if HDR in ProShot crashes, it's because the app has run out of memory. Try lowering the resolution and see if that helps. The next version of ProShot will have much better memory management thanks to new APIs in Windows 10.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-2015 06:14 PM
    So when will be available ? the win10 version
    12-18-2015 07:41 PM
    So when will be available ? the win10 version
    I'm sorry, I don't have an ETA at this time. I was really hoping to have it done before the end of the year, but it's going to be too difficult with the holidays. The past few winters I spent too much time working on ProShot and not enough time with my family, so this holiday I'm unplugging for a while.

I know there's a lot of word going around about devs jumping ship on Windows, but I want to assure everyone that I'm still on board.
    12-19-2015 12:01 AM
    I have a series of question about ProShot, in the meantime, will a future version support RAW ?

Windows Mobile is a powerful platform, it's too bad it continues to only have 3% market share.
    12-19-2015 04:36 AM
    I have a series of question about ProShot, in the meantime, will a future version support RAW ?

Windows Mobile is a powerful platform, it's too bad it continues to only have 3% market share.
    Sadly Microsoft is not letting third party apps shoot RAW at this time (there is no public API for it)
    Laura Knotek, RaRa85 and Guytronic like this.
    12-19-2015 02:03 PM
    there will be manual shutter speed in version 6.0?
    12-19-2015 05:10 PM
    Well you can change the shutter speed right now can't you? Do you mean something else?
    12-19-2015 05:34 PM
    Is it pissible to set it as main camera?
    12-19-2015 05:44 PM
    Is anyone else having a problem with ProShot not saving geolcation under Windows 10586.36? And yes, I do have Location enabled under privacy...
    12-20-2015 05:51 AM
    Well you can change the shutter speed right now can't you? Do you mean something else?
    no...you can not.
    12-20-2015 02:27 PM
    Wow what happened? You could always manually set the shutter speed in years past in the manual mode. Should be coming soon I guess.
    12-20-2015 02:35 PM
    Yes

Is it pissible to set it as main camera?
    I made some new connections at Microsoft and am pushing really hard for it. Their answer: no third party apps.

Is anyone else having a problem with ProShot not saving geolcation under Windows 10586.36? And yes, I do have Location enabled under privacy...
    I wish I could offer help on this, but Windows 10 is plagued with bugs. Microsoft said they would still support Windows 8.0 APIs (used to make ProShot), but there are just too many issues right now.

Wow what happened? You could always manually set the shutter speed in years past in the manual mode. Should be coming soon I guess.
    On some newer phones Microsoft dropped support for the APIs used to build ProShot. Manual controls will return when I update the app to Win 10
    12-20-2015 06:01 PM
    So what's so special about version 6.0?
    i can not guess...
    12-20-2015 06:38 PM
    Some questions for the ProShot Developer;
    1. Does or will ProShot have a spot metering system to find which exposures you'll need ?
    2. Does it or will future version of ProShot have a light meter to determine the exposure range ?
    3. There is a histogram in ProShot at present, has it been enhanced in any way from previous versions ?
    4. What is the maximum exposures ProShot can take ?
    5. Does ProShot have AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) feature ?
    6. Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
    7. Is there any features found in the iPhone App PhotoBuddy coming to or already available in ProShot ?
    12-20-2015 07:37 PM
    I installed ProShot on my Lumia 950. I tried using the HDR mode but the processing seems to take forever. I've searched the post and some have mentioned that their camera app crashes using HDR. Anyone have an issue using HDR on the Lumia 950? Normally how long does it take to process an HDR image?
    12-20-2015 10:44 PM
    First: I find myself frequently answering the same questions (here, other forums, email, twitter, fb, smoke signal, etc.), so I'm hoping this will be a good post to link people to.

Windows 10 and some newer hardware may cause issues with ProShot (but it will get better)

Reasons
    1) Windows 10 is still buggy
    2) Microsoft promised to support Windows Phone 8.0 APIs in Windows 10, but either it is not optimized, or the OS is not optimized, or both
    3) Some newer Lumia hardware (640, 950) don't fully support the APIs used to build ProShot

What I'm doing about it
    Rewriting the entire app for Windows 10. All of it. Everything. It's a lot of work, so please be patient. If you're curious to find out what it's gonna look like, please see this video for the iOS version (just wrapped up development on it, currently awaiting Apple's approval):

I still have a long way to go, and a lot of hardware to test it on, but I'm gonna do this, and I'm gonna do it right. Since there is so much interest I might set up a blog. Actually yeah, that sounds like a fun idea

So what's so special about version 6.0?
    i can not guess...
    The entire app is being rewritten for Windows 10 using the latest APIs. Basically I have to start from the beginning again :/

Some questions for the ProShot Developer;
    1. Does or will ProShot have a spot metering system to find which exposures you'll need ?
    2. Does it or will future version of ProShot have a light meter to determine the exposure range ?
    3. There is a histogram in ProShot at present, has it been enhanced in any way from previous versions ?
    4. What is the maximum exposures ProShot can take ?
    5. Does ProShot have AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) feature ?
    6. Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
    7. Is there any features found in the iPhone App PhotoBuddy coming to or already available in ProShot ?
    Does or will ProShot have a spot metering system to find which exposures you'll need ?
    Separate focus / exposure points are a planned feature. Likely won't make the first release of ProShot for Windows 10, but it's definitely on the list, and I've already figured out how I want the UI / UX to feel.

Does it or will future version of ProShot have a light meter to determine the exposure range ?
    2) Unfortunately there is no API for that. Out of all of the mobile OSes, only iOS has it (and it's implemented in ProShot).

There is a histogram in ProShot at present, has it been enhanced in any way from previous versions ?

3) I can't be certain it will make the first Windows 10 version, but I believe it will be possible to make it more CPU efficient using the new APIs.

What is the maximum exposures ProShot can take ?
    4) It all depends on the hardware; the longest seems to be 4s. The current version of ProShot supports up to 8s, and the next one will go up to 60, but again, only if the hardware supports it.

Does ProShot have AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) feature ?
    The current version does in the HDR menu, just enable the "bracket only" option. The next version will have a much better UI for it. See the video above, around the 1:11 mark.

Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, please explain.

Is there any features found in the iPhone App PhotoBuddy coming to or already available in ProShot ?
    Though that app is related to photography, it covers a completely different aspect of photography than ProShot. ProShot's focus is to be the camera you always have with you, so I devote all of my effort to that; improving UI, UX, and feature set centered around that.

I installed ProShot on my Lumia 950. I tried using the HDR mode but the processing seems to take forever. I've searched the post and some have mentioned that their camera app crashes using HDR. Anyone have an issue using HDR on the Lumia 950? Normally how long does it take to process an HDR image?
    It's hard for me to tell since I don't have a 950 yet. Are you shooting at high resolutions? Microsoft promised that Windows 10 would fully support Windows Phone's 8.0 APIs (which were used to build ProShot), but it seems like support or compatibility is either slowly being dropped, or it's another bug in Windows 10. I've noticed that the app runs a lot slower on W10 than 8.1.
    Last edited by RiseUpGames; 12-21-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    12-21-2015 02:52 AM
    ProShot is my preferred photo app on my Lumia 925. I am pleased to hear you are doing this because whatever windows phone replaces my 925 I would like to continue to use ProShot.
    12-21-2015 10:15 AM
    Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, please explain.
    Normal Bracketing order is
    0 - + -- ++

Sorted is
    -- - 0 + ++
    12-21-2015 04:53 PM
    Normal Bracketing order is
    0 - + -- ++

Sorted is
    -- - 0 + ++
    Thank you for the explanation! Only sorted is available right now. I write down every feature request I get though, and prioritize them based on popularity.
    12-21-2015 08:54 PM
    In regards to the ProShot HDR issue I had on my Lumia 950, taking forever to process, it works if file size is set to 8 mp or lower. 16:9 aspect ratio is fine too. I very much like ProShot...very DLSR like. I look forward to any upgrades in the future. Thanks!
    12-21-2015 10:27 PM
    Thank you for the explanation! Only sorted is available right now. I write down every feature request I get though, and prioritize them based on popularity.
    Normal Sorting is better for file management.

Would you say ProShot can tackle what dedicated DSLR can do; or it's only good for starters or casual HDR developing ?

I was looking forward to purchasing ProShot soon; from the looks of it there will be better improvements in the ProShot update so I'll wait.
    12-21-2015 11:02 PM
2,260 ... 7879808182 ...