ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Reading all this compliments about the app and its dev, i really wanted to purchase this app, but my visa debit card shows error over international purchase.. Is there any other way i can purchase?

Does it work if you try to access it from the online store? ProShot | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Hey Eddie, Spanish Language:

:smile:

wwwoooooww thank you! But, I can't add other languages to ProShot just yet. The UI might be going through a big change right now, as well as a possible rewrite of the tutorial, so I have no idea what text will be needed. This does give me an idea, though. Perhaps I can just include partial localizations for the time being (just so more people can access the app), until the text is finalized. Hmmm!

In any case, THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Onslaughta

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Shot with 620, Auto with manual focus

1014139_574998212551156_1691510249_n.jpg

Full Auto

1012006_572753816108929_1994126421_n.jpg

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Some cupcakes made by my family. I can't bake for my life, so I stuck around taking pictures of the finish product, and had fun doing it. Sorry for the inconsistent shots, was messing and focusing on the manual focus (HAHA!)

2013_07_14_13_09_28_ProShot.jpg
2013_07_14_12_47_33_ProShot.jpg
2013_07_14_12_48_55_ProShot.jpg
2013_07_14_12_50_15_ProShot.jpg
2013_07_14_12_51_36_ProShot.jpg
2013_07_14_13_03_22_ProShot.jpg

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I first heard about this app today, without hesitation bought the app. Granted I am going to have to read here more but I like the control it gives over the camera. I have only had my 920 for a few days but it is no frills out of the box, even the 900 had more controls.

Can picture size be added, for example I may just want to take a pic for CL or to email quickly, it would be nice to set the MP/size, I could with stock firmware in 900 but not in 920.

I am looking forward to the Amber update but this is a very useful app and will probably play nice with the update. Well done!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I first heard about this app today, without hesitation bought the app. Granted I am going to have to read here more but I like the control it gives over the camera. I have only had my 920 for a few days but it is no frills out of the box, even the 900 had more controls.

Can picture size be added, for example I may just want to take a pic for CL or to email quickly, it would be nice to set the MP/size, I could with stock firmware in 900 but not in 920.

I am looking forward to the Amber update but this is a very useful app and will probably play nice with the update. Well done!

Glad to hear you're enjoying ProShot! Not sure yet, but I may add MP options in the next update. Still thinking about how I'm going to organize the menus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess different people may want all, but I would be willing to settle for a small photo 640X480 or even one mp, would be nice for those who want to add to CL or Ebay without having to have a large image.

Again, great job!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess different people may want all, but I would be willing to settle for a small photo 640X480 or even one mp, would be nice for those who want to add to CL or Ebay without having to have a large image.

Again, great job!

I will definitely add it, just unsure if it will be in the coming update. It was always planned to be in there by v3.0 :)

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I must be in a very small minority but my 928 takes better photos with the stock camera app. This is my 2nd 928, the 1st one, Proshot photos were better.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add, have been reading thru this thread and there are some amazing pics taken. I did vote for allowing camera apps to be launched by default. One item I have not seen addressed, minor but a tad bit like a nag screen, when app is launched, it would be nice to go straight to camera, without seeing the proshot first, I know it is a very slight delay but could miss a great shot.

ETA An oddity, pics go to camera roll, but if I delete pics from camera roll, why do the still show up on live tile as if they are cookied in, is there another location?

TIA

Last edited:

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i want to ask 620 users if photos with Pro Shot are better than stock camera. I know its a great app but i dont know if it works in the 5mp camera.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Eddie, can you add .raw format?

I'm sorry, it's not currently possible to do that :( Microsoft's API only gives developers a JPEG stream when the photo is captured, so that's all we have to work off of. RAW was literally the first thing I looked into while I was planning ProShot, haha.

I've got my eyes open, though. If there's a way, ProShot will get it.

there?s a way that can i lock the camera ? because sometimes i touch outside options menu and shot accidentally

How do you mean lock the camera? In a future update I will look into adding a tap to focus / tap to capture option. Is that what you are looking for?

Just wanted to add, have been reading thru this thread and there are some amazing pics taken. I did vote for allowing camera apps to be launched by default. One item I have not seen addressed, minor but a tad bit like a nag screen, when app is launched, it would be nice to go straight to camera, without seeing the proshot first, I know it is a very slight delay but could miss a great shot.

Sorry RiseUpGames, maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine but thought if I did not mention, it might not be addressed.

The splash screen is merely a cosmetic transition between the menu screen and ProShot itself. No worries, it doesn't have any effect on the load time. Without the splash screen, users would just see a blank "loading" screen for 2 seconds anyways while the app loads, and Microsoft's UI guidelines recommend using splash screens as a way of masking these load times while transitioning the user to your app.

That being said, I'm still looking at how to improve the load time even further. It may not be necessary though, because once GDR2 hits, a super-critical memory leak will (should?) be patched, allowing me to offer fast app resume for ProShot. The instant-on is a killer feature. I can't wait.

An oddity, pics go to camera roll, but if I delete pics from camera roll, why do the still show up on live tile as if they are cookied in, is there another location?
The pics in the LiveTile are changed every time you close ProShot, so if you want to cycle the images, just open and close ProShot.

FernandoDB

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How do you mean lock the camera? In a future update I will look into adding a tap to focus / tap to capture option. Is that what you are looking for?

When i?m using the option menu like iso, colors etc i can take a picture, sometimes unconsciously i touch outside the menu and take a unwanted picture, can i "lock" the camera when I use menu?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

When i?m using the option menu like iso, colors etc i can take a picture, sometimes unconsciously i touch outside the menu and take a unwanted picture, can i "lock" the camera when I use menu?

Hmm, it's not possible to take a picture while the menu is open. If you tap outside the menu, it will close the menu. Only if you tap again after the menu is closed will ProShot take a picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes