WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Our update have nothing to do with Android updates. They are worked upon by different teams and do not progress in step. In fact, Whatsapp does not have any feature parity across platforms.

The most feature rich versions are Symbian and iPhone, which allow you to do things like see the time when a person updated status or hide your last seen timestamp and status (iPhone). Even Android which is a much more important platform for them does not have these features. It arguably looks best on Android though.

Never used the S40 version but possibly is much more advanced as well (due to Nokia and them making it a default built in app).

Basically in Whatsapp world, currently WP version is the worst and that includes S40, Android, iOS, BB10 and sadly even dead platforms like BB6/7 and Symbian (their client is actually top notch).
I really expect this to change completely now that Nokia is involved and the rise in shipments of the low and mid range Nokia WP. Also due to the competitive pressure from BBM and Google Hangout becoming available for free and going cross platform. That makes me worried for the business models of Whatsapp and Viber though, as in there isn't a viable one anymore.

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Today i was messing with tiles on my screen and suddenly i found that there is double wide tile got enabled for my wp7.8 whatsapp version 2.9.4. Though the tile is appearing black with no icon. But this is puzzling me as app has been not updated and on last update i checked double wide option was not there for wp7.8.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Today i was messing with tiles on my screen and suddenly i found that there is double wide tile got enabled for my wp7.8 whatsapp version 2.9.4. Though the tile is appearing black with no icon. But this is puzzling me as app has been not updated and on last update i checked double wide option was not there for wp7.8.

Pin the store as a tile and it'll show you any new updates available.

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Pin the store as a tile and it'll show you any new updates available.
there is no new update available and last update was couple of months back. I can't understand how suddenly this functionality is enabled? Also it is currently showing black box i.e. Without logo and accent

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The beta tester on pocketpc.ch reports that he has not received a new beta build for 7 days (he normally got a new build about every day), it looks like the final build has been reached!!!

Keep your eyes on the store, they may submit it soon! :cool:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The beta tester on pocketpc.ch reports that he has not received a new beta build for 7 days (he normally got a new build about every day), it looks like the final build has been reached!!!

Keep your eyes on the store, they may submit it soon! :cool:

Or maybe it has been submitted to the store already :smile:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
mj-popcorn.jpg

Cant wait!!

pukkiewp

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Im now sure its getting updated within 2 weeks just received this email for translate whatsapp strings for the WP8 version

This version of WhatsApp became obsolete on <b>%1$s</b>. Tap “Download” to get the latest version.<br><br>Your device's date is <b>%2$s</b>. If this is incorrect please correct your device's date settings then restart WhatsApp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs