WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's only the official thread on WPCentral, it doesn't mean that the WhatsApp team use it as a official platform to communicate with users.

Chill guys, they will release the update when it is ready and if you've ever worked on large development projects you'll know that that can mean anything from a couple of days to months before the application is ready to be released to the general public.

The beta is there to test beta code which has known issues and therefore cannot be made available to the general public as it will cause more headaches for their support than what it's worth.

4 months of wait. are these developers even qualified? why they are taking so much time only for windows phones. all other platforms get updates within 2-3 weeks. i know windows can't be compared to android and ios in market share but what about Symbian they are way to behind windows still they got an update with new features and on windows phone we still can't send saved audio files.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you from the WhatsApp team? If yes then please consider giving some information to users who are having a gruelling time with the app.
If you are not from the team, then don't worry the frustration of people is justified, as this being the OFFICIAL THREAD is not being attended by any Official...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
Lol. Guys this an official thread for wpcentral. Any issues with whatsapp can be posted here so that other users who have encountered the same issue can try to help. If you really need to get an answer from whatsapp, then you need to get to whatsapp PR team or development team for more answers.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
4 months of wait. are these developers even qualified? why they are taking so much time only for windows phones. all other platforms get updates within 2-3 weeks. i know windows can't be compared to android and ios in market share but what about Symbian they are way to behind windows still they got an update with new features and on windows phone we still can't send saved audio files.

Dude hold on,
1st these are inflammatory words, this thread might get ban. Already 2 warnings received.

2nd symbain and windows phone are completely different platforms. There has to be serious problem which is stopping update. Current general version is not that bad. So relax.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, just want to make a couple of things clear here.

1) WhatsApp doesn't have an official presence on the WPCentral forum. They're not going to see questions/complaints raised here. They have their own support site/forum where they interact with their users on an official level
2) This thread is intended to be used for peer-to-peer questions and answers on WhatsApp issues. Pages of complaints and counter-arguments is making things very difficult for people to looks for issues and resolutions.

Continued complaints serve no purpose here on WPCentral, and will see this thread closed.

If you have complaints to make, direct them (in a reasoned, polite manner if at all possible) to WhatsApp directly.

Thank you.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Dude hold on,
1st these are inflammatory words, this thread might get ban. Already 2 warnings received.

2nd symbain and windows phone are completely different platforms. There has to be serious problem which is stopping update. Current general version is not that bad. So relax.

Everything is bad bro. It crashes frequently, eats up my battery cause of that static sound. Already 620 has battery with less mAh so battery drain is a serious issue for 620 users.

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
We don't know if the developers are qualified, because they just don't care about Windows Phone. I bet that aren't even working on a update. They make some bug fixes on Beta, mas nothing major. It's pretty clear to me that they put no effort in making the app better for WP. Maybe in 1 or 2 months, but right now i see nothing coming.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's strike 1.

Reminder : Only questions/answers here - complaints about WhatsApp delays/response/commitment should be directed to WhatsApp support.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
That's strike 1.

Reminder : Only questions/answers here - complaints about WhatsApp delays/response/commitment should be directed to WhatsApp support.

There is no other thread for people here to discuss about whatsapp. Its better you please stop your warnings of closing the thread. If you close this thread obviously people will start posting their frustration with a new thread each that will be more irritating and difficult to handle. Its better let this thread be and let people discuss about whatsapp here only.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The point is that discussion of the application is being overshadowed by the almost constant complaints. There is no one from WhatsApp here on the forum to respond or address these concerns, which is why the official support site is the place to go.

This thread was intended as a place for people to share questions/answers on the app, but it's no longer happening.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Official site you get the same reply for every question. People post here and some people reply to them simple. People who have issues can still be discussed here and if we know the solution we help that person. So just let go. If you close this thread i am sure people we will start new threads for their issues which will be an headache for hardworking moderators. So its better let people talk.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I did something about whatsapp. I uninstalled it completely from my phone. Until an update will come to our lovely Windows Phone 8.1, I am not gonna use it. This is the best way to protest them.

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
That's strike 1.

What questions? There are no news in four months. We all know the app bugs and crashes and there is nothing much to do besides complain and speculate about the update.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
go on, ban everyone; because all we are doing is nothing than waiting desperately for an update. I think that is fair enough, since last update 4 whole months have passed.
That's strike 1.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Jeez guys, let's pick up the optimism levels in this thread a little! I'm with you, it sucks, it's been a while, and there is a lot to be addressed with the app, but going all dark and negative about it wont' help anything. Hang in there and hope for the best!

Aayam Gupta

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
the least they could do right now is open the beta for public! it will get more bug reports than a closed group right? and at this point most of the users will be happy to have it!

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is only app in this world? With iPhone you will complain about media sharing. Every os has some limitation. And with windows phone its limitation of third party apps not Microsoft!
I would rather ignore this rants.

And most importantly, please, please have some respect for our Mods! That's very sad to see people speaking against without knowing facts. Relax and be free from such frustration. Current WhatsApp version is sufficient and best is yet to come.
Enjoy

Alin Iulian

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp is only app in this world? With iPhone you will complain about media sharing. Every os has some limitation. And with windows phone its limitation of third party apps not Microsoft!
I would rather ignore this rants.

And most importantly, please, please have some respect for our Mods! That's very sad to see people speaking against without knowing facts. Relax and be free from such frustration. Current WhatsApp version is sufficient and best is yet to come.
Enjoy

It's not just whatsapp , it's : VSCO Cam,Youtube,Google Chrome,Instagram,Vine,Facebook,Twitter,Kik,Messenger,Retrica,Afterlight,Google +,Tumblr and more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard