WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Flappy Bird?

In all seriousness though, yes, I agree something like this wouldn't happen on Android or iOS, or is at least very unlikely to happen for this length of time. That we can agree on. I was just protesting the accusation that MS was at fault for not "controlling apps well". That is most definitely false. That was all.

I knew you will talk about Flappy bird. Well, that's due to developer own interest. And we all know that it will not be back for good. He has fulfilled his responsibility for telling the consumers. Furthermore, Flappy Bird is not a core app for the platforms. Is just a game.

But Whatsapp for being 1 of the core apps for Windows Phone, we have no idea when will it be coming back or gone for good. MS stated that they work closely with Whatsapp, yet MS has not even a single clue of the time frame. MS's fault is for allowing the app to be extracted for an unknown period of time at the expense of existing WP8.0 and new users. Developers fix their apps all the time, and do we have to face similar situations over and over again going forward?

Last edited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually they said it was the other way around.

No is not. From the message we got so far, Whatsapp has acknowledged that lots of complains for WP8.1, especially from the developers. Hence they removed the app from the store totally, affecting also the WP8.0 users, without considering that people are still getting new phones running on WP8.0.

"WhatsApp has been removed from the windows store, after receiving numerous complaints from users especially those on Windowsphone 8.1, the developers of WhatsApp has opted to remove the App from the store."

WhatsApp Removed from the Windows store - Microsoft Community

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
MS is at fault for not controlling the app because it allows the app for be extracted for an unknown period of time.

Again, you are imagining things. As we had already established, MS can not control if, when, and for how long any app is removed. There is no difference to the flappy bird example. In both cases the developer wanted it unpublished, so that ends it. Over. End of Story. It doesn't matter what the reason is. MS can't do anything about it.

You might as well blame the mail man for your girlfriend not writing you a letter. You can get the mail man to beg and plead. You can get the mail man to pay her money. As long as we exclude illegal force, the mail man can't force your girlfriend to write that letter. He can't even force her to write it sooner than she otherwise would. He can only ask and offer help or bribes. That may help, but it may not. Ultimately, all the mail man can do is deliver the letter after it is written. Exact same thing here.

Yup, think again.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Damn... My friend just posted on FB "I'm so upset I bought this crappy phone! I need whatsapp and I can't post videos on instagram" I told him he needs 6tag ... Like 2 or 3 people posted him is it new? I told ya you shouldn't have gotten that phone! Why didn't you buy galaxy or Moto g? He paid the same for the 625 and people are saying he could've gotten a lot with Moto g or a galaxy phone... This is just a bunch of negative and horrible word of mouth. I'm sure the sales will decrease A LOT!!!!

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Damn... My friend just posted on FB "I'm so upset I bought this crappy phone! I need whatsapp and I can't post videos on instagram" I told him he needs 6tag ... Like 2 or 3 people posted him is it new? I told ya you shouldn't have gotten that phone! Why didn't you buy galaxy or Moto g? He paid the same for the 625 and people are saying he could've gotten a lot with Moto g or a galaxy phone... This is just a bunch of negative and horrible word of mouth. I'm sure the sales will decrease A LOT!!!!

Yupp they sure will! There's no denying that fact. They will decrease A LOT! It's very easy to say to shift to other messengers like hike or line. But 90% of the people use WhatsApp in India atleast. And since it works well on other platforms they will find no compelling reason to shift to other messaging services. Im not even in the position to recommend a windows phone to anyone because of this. It's already the 13th day..and still no WhatsApp. God knows when it will return.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I understand . The lack of security in this platform leaves me speechless. Indeed. I can't and will not recommend windows phone anymore. It's a joke to have this nightmare and to have a horrible way of ruining things. Just when we thought things would get better. We hope SOON SOON SOON means tomorrow... After 15 days I'm totally planning to switch. This could happen with Instagram (still beta) or any other app but the sole fact that you get this nasty treatment is annoying. I'm sure a company with so many millions like Windows can easily call Zuckemberg and ask him.m hey what's going on? Give us an update, but nothing they can do just say they're working. I'm sure doing an app does not even take this long it's just a bunch of crap that we're getting. So so sad

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Can we do a trending topic guys? What ya think? If all the WPCENTRAL can get together and plan a massive tweet and email and facebook campaign we could do this!what ya think this Saturday? . . . Let's do something!,

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
do you think that maybe WhatsApp removed thier Application in order to make microsoft help them solve the issue as fast as possible?
I mean, if the application was here for over half a year, and nothing changed, why remove it now? and why removing it from the 8.1 as well?

HussainJudge

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Can we do a trending topic guys? What ya think? If all the WPCENTRAL can get together and plan a massive tweet and email and facebook campaign we could do this!what ya think this Saturday? . . . Let's do something!,

Why wait for Saturday? Why not today?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Again, you are imagining things. As we had already established, MS can not control if, when, and for how long any app is removed. There is no difference to the flappy bird example. In both cases the developer wanted it unpublished, so that ends it. Over. End of Story. It doesn't matter what the reason is. MS can't do anything about it.

You might as well blame the mail man for your girlfriend not writing you a letter. You can get the mail man to beg and plead. You can get the mail man to pay her money. As long as we exclude illegal force, the mail man can't force your girlfriend to write that letter. He can't even force her to write it sooner than she otherwise would. He can only ask and offer help or bribes. That may help, but it may not. Ultimately, all the mail man can do is deliver the letter after it is written. Exact same thing here.

Yup, think again.

u r absolutely correct. and thats why everybody is upset. Girlfriend says she loves, (appears to be, by way of updating beta version) but not writing the letter.
ur metaphor fits awesome. hope it gets over soon.
earlier, whatsapp was not working properly, but still it was there. just like girlfriend wrote a letter in Chinese. but now, no letter.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Why wait for Saturday? Why not today?

Check my other thread
well I said Saturday so by then everyone is aware of the plan we have to complain massively and not left a member not knowing that we will complain in masses. Check my other thread!!!

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
People who claim all we have to do is change service and tell our contacts probably have like 10 friends. If you have hundreds of contacts using WhatsApp on iOS/Android without any issue, they have no reason to switch messenger just for their one loser friend that uses Windows Phone.
Telegram, Hike or whatever could be perfect it wouldn't matter.

Sentient Golf Ball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
do you think that maybe WhatsApp removed thier Application in order to make microsoft help them solve the issue as fast as possible?
I mean, if the application was here for over half a year, and nothing changed, why remove it now? and why removing it from the 8.1 as well?

The fact that the official client updates stopped around the time GDR3 started to roll out might lend some weight to this theory. It could well be that the issue is at Microsoft's end and they've been dragging their heels to fix it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps they asked nicely and,Microsoft gave them the blackberry treatment..."coming soon". So they had to switch tactics. If its on Microsoft, then pestering Joe Belfiore as well would work. #WeWantWhatsapp #WWW #WhatsappforWindowsPhone #WhatsappWhatsappWhatsapp

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Yup, think again.

Your analogy is flawed. First of all, of course I can't blame the postman for my gf has not writing to me. But if my gf DID write to me (in this case Whatsapp is already been published on the store), and the Postman (MS) did not bother to explain why the letter is not delivered ( app is being taken down), or just because the letter is too big to be inserted into the mailbox ( Whatsapp has troubles with WP8.1, not WP8.0), or when will I be receiving the letter again ( when will Whatsapp be available) but instead he threw it away, then is the post man (MS) fault.

Flappy Bird is removed because the developer NO LONGER want it to be published. I do understand that Whatsapp has the right to do so too. Unless you are trying to hint that Whatsapp will be withdrawn from WP store forever just like Flappy Bird as well? If not, why can't MS keep the current version, while Whatsapp continue to work with the patches instead of giving troubles to the public, especially when the problems are more related to WP 8.1? Like I mentioned before, Whatsapp is not like a game, which can be removed or put it up again as and when they like. Is one of the core apps that keeps existing WP users or even attract new buyers. Whatsapp will not be bothered if WP loses user grounds or not because WP is never their top priority.

Anyways, you have your views about the matter while I have mine. Is no point arguing over spilled milk. But I'm not sure how many more milk will be spilled in the future just like this.... This incident has already put a lot of users to rethink about their purchases of Windows Phones. Good luck to Windows Phone.

IShan Bhardwaj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
No Doubt WA is the most used messaging app. I have 180 contacts on WA but on hike 21 and telegram only 2. But Having Said that I just love Windows Phone. I have been using android for like 4 yrs but I Find Windows OS much Smoother. What WA should have done is to open the private beta so that user atleast can use the App. If U buy phone without WA is a big deal. Lets just raise our voice on twitter so that they start taking WP users seriously

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

And this is why people has no confident in Windows Phone. Instagram is like forever in BETA and we need to depend on 3rd party alternatives to work. Not saying that 3rd party apps are bad, but no others will know what those apps are for apart from WP users themselves. WP OS itself is excellent, but the hiccups faced by the apps are putting people off from Windows Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes