The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I heard from another thread on WPcentral (sorry don't know it off the top of my head) that introduces a Microsoft Cooperation "Facebook Beta" this app is similar to the one on the store but has new features and, apparently fixed some bugs. Its worth checking out. One bug i was experiencing was the live tile updates not actually updating but it seems to work now after installing this version of the app.

Worth a try if you can find the thread on WPcentral
    08-02-2013 03:06 PM
    So Blackberry 10 has updated their Facebook app and look what it has:

screen-shot-2013-08-06-2-48-44-pm.png

Facebook chat with photos and ability to see when your post was read. It probably does notifications too.

Their app also allows users to manage their pages.

The app isn't made by Facebook, it's made by Blackberry.

I can't understand why Microsoft can't give us this in the WP FB app...
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    08-07-2013 02:15 AM
    I just want to be able to save pictures from my newsfeed to the phone.
    08-07-2013 05:54 PM
    I just want to be able to save pictures from my newsfeed to the phone.
    Even though you cannot do so from the app, there are a couple of workarounds- Either you can take the screenshot or use the People app's what's new section which gives the option to save pictures
    08-08-2013 11:25 AM
    Even though you cannot do so from the app, there are a couple of workarounds- Either you can take the screenshot or use the People app's what's new section which gives the option to save pictures
    Or use the browser.
    08-09-2013 10:17 AM
    How is Facebook app on 520. It runs smooth?
    08-10-2013 01:05 PM
    It is really so difficult for Microsoft to fix the DAMN Facebook notifications?
    I got really really old notifications, this is NOT acceptable.
    joshage likes this.
    08-12-2013 09:00 AM
    It is really so difficult for Microsoft to fix the DAMN Facebook notifications?
    I got really really old notifications, this is NOT acceptable.
    I got one from ~2 months ago this last week Couldn't help but "WTF?"

Can't let it get to you...it is still a very infant system that is growing very quickly.
    joshage likes this.
    08-12-2013 03:00 PM
    I got one from ~2 months ago this last week Couldn't help but "WTF?"

Can't let it get to you...it is still a very infant system that is growing very quickly.
    I also get late notifications on my 920 with the Facebook Beta app. I also get the same late notifications on my SGS 3 using the official Facebook app so I assume it's a Facebook problem rather than an MS/WP one.
    Dante X likes this.
    08-12-2013 03:16 PM
    Do more people have the problem that not all posts in the wall show up in the app? Compare the posts on the wall or a timeline from a person between the app and the website, and you'll probably notice that the app doesn't show half of the post. It's really crappy! My sister has the same problem. Do more people experience this? I bet you never noticed until now!

This is the biggest problem with the Facebook app.

By the way I'm still receiving notifications from birthday wishes on my timeline. My birthday was 31 juli!!! the app SUCKS. WORHTLESS!
    Last edited by crise; 08-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    08-13-2013 11:15 AM
    Do more people have the problem that not all posts in the wall show up in the app? Compare the posts on the wall or a timeline from a person between the app and the website, and you'll probably notice that the app doesn't show half of the post. It's really crappy! My sister has the same problem. Do more people experience this? I bet you never noticed until now!

This is the biggest problem with the Facebook app.

By the way I'm still receiving notifications from birthday wishes on my timeline. My birthday was 31 juli!!! the app SUCKS. WORHTLESS!
    I noticed the inconsistencies between the Facebook web site on a desktop PC and the Facebook apps on mobile devices a while ago. It's not just the Facebook Beta app for WP because it's the same on Android and my older Symbian phones. It's really messed up and annoying but once again I'm inclined to put the blame on Facebook rather than any of the apps I've used (or are using) to view Facebook on my phones.
    08-13-2013 11:47 AM
    I noticed the inconsistencies between the Facebook web site on a desktop PC and the Facebook apps on mobile devices a while ago. It's not just the Facebook Beta app for WP because it's the same on Android and my older Symbian phones. It's really messed up and annoying but once again I'm inclined to put the blame on Facebook rather than any of the apps I've used (or are using) to view Facebook on my phones.
    I just tested Facebook on my Android phone and it shows everything. So it is just a problem for the WP app as I'm seeing it.
    08-13-2013 12:59 PM
    I just tested Facebook on my Android phone and it shows everything. So it is just a problem for the WP app as I'm seeing it.
    If you say so captain. My Android phone doesn't match what the web site is showing. We're obviously having different experiences then with Facebook for Android although we're having the same experience on WP.
    08-13-2013 01:44 PM
    I used the Microsoft app for FB for a while, but it's pretty spartan in its layout and functionality. I currently have JDB Facebook going and it has much better features and layout, but it seems a little laggy (the only app on my phone that has choppy scrolling, for instance), and, frustratingly, the Feed Sort preference (Top Stories vs. Most Recent) doesn't seem to stick. I prefer Most Recent ordering and don't like the way it sorts for Top Stories (what they think is a Top Story frequently doesn't agree with what I want to see).

So, I guess my question is: Is there a way to lock the Sort preference to Most Recent in JDB Facebook or... is there another FB app I should try?
    08-14-2013 10:44 AM
    What's the point of having facebook messages integrated into the messaging app? Not once have I gotten notifications of messages and I never actually see any replays to my messages.
    08-17-2013 12:00 PM
    so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
    yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
    it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
    anyone help?
    08-21-2013 03:16 AM
    so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
    yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
    it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
    anyone help?
    It's the same for me but there isn't anything we can do about it.
    08-21-2013 04:10 AM
    Update. There is an update to Facebook Beta with many improvements including the ability to share. And I've just shared a post and it works
    08-21-2013 04:24 AM
    I got 3 emails from the Beta group, so many fixes coming in the update!
    08-21-2013 07:41 AM
    Facebook Beta is working AWESOME right now after last update.... Try it...
    08-21-2013 09:25 AM
    A great update ... saving photo from feed and sending a photo in chat are possible now too ... :)
    Last edited by Jaripi; 08-21-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    08-21-2013 09:39 AM
    Joe Belfiore just tweeted about upcoming WP7 Facebook Beta app and not working push notifications.

Here:
    "I just got a hands-on with #Facebook #WP7 which many of you have asked about. It's coming along, should have beta out this month!"

"we're aware of and working through push issues that are happening with Facebook's service talking to ours. Improvement coming"
    08-21-2013 10:51 AM
    What's the deal with the beta app and background tasks for Facebook? I don't see it in the list of allowed and blocked. The live tile stopped updating and also the me tile. I had Facebook installed too and the background task for that wasn't working as in it was listed as blocked but even when it was ticked it wouldn't unblock.
    08-22-2013 03:22 PM
    What's the deal with the beta app and background tasks for Facebook? I don't see it in the list of allowed and blocked. The live tile stopped updating and also the me tile. I had Facebook installed too and the background task for that wasn't working as in it was listed as blocked but even when it was ticked it wouldn't unblock.
    That's because of issues. Microsoft and Facebook are aware of notifications, live tile and other problems. They are already working on fix. We can expect it in next 2-3 weeks. Actually Facebook Beta background tasks are not changeable via phone settings. I guess you can change it via FB Beta app, there are three options. Toast Notifications+tile count, tile count, or no notifications. But even if you change to toast+tile count it won't show up on your background settings list.
    itsmemuffins likes this.
    08-22-2013 04:03 PM
    I figured out what causes a bug that has been driving me crazy.
    Within the facebook beta app, and I think the non beta version too, you cannot post a photo to your timeline and use the enter key in the text description.
    If I do this, I always get, update cannot be posted at this time, without fail.
    Once this has happened once, I must close the app and reload it before anything will post. If you dont the dots will just keep scrolling forever and nothing will happen.

This drove me insane, for ages I thought it was because my photos were too big, so I invested in various tools to resize and compress. Lots of these use ungainly massive file names.
    I then found that this wasnt the case, as on the rare occasion, something would post, and it was sometimes a non compressed pic.
    So then I thought it must be the length of my text. In the 'Me' tile when adding a caption to a photo it tells you that 255 characters is the limit if you get near it. I thought that was the case posting a photo to your timeline in the app as well, so I set about proving it, by posting '123456789 123456789 123456789 ' and trying to count the maximum point where it would fail.
    Most of my actual posts have a fair bit of text.
    Of course, since in my field length test I was never hitting enter, it never failed. This took ages, I gave up at 512 characters.
    Then I thought it was to do with privacy settings, I was doing this test with 'only me' as the audience. But I couldnt find an issue here either.
    Then I did another real post, which had maybe 10 words, but crucially, an enter before the last word. And I got the message.

I had to think for a while about what was different between all my tests and the first short real post I had tried, and the enter key was it.

Highly frustrating!
    bahamut443 likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:41 AM
1,280 ... 1112131415 ...