Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Ryano89

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to windows phone, and I love it, but for the love of all that is holy....is there a way to get Facebook messenger notifications on this thing? It's supposed to be baked into the SMS app but doesn't work. I don't receive notifications using official Facebook app, or the beta, I pinned messenger to my start screen but it doesn't show them either. Please help.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to windows phone, and I love it, but for the love of all that is holy....is there a way to get Facebook messenger notifications on this thing? It's supposed to be baked into the SMS app but doesn't work. I don't receive notifications using official Facebook app, or the beta, I pinned messenger to my start screen but it doesn't show them either. Please help.

I had not problems with the toast notifications of integrated facebook (messaging), until today (maybe they meshed something on the server) ... well, I have been using ICQ as a "Facebook Messenger" as suggested by "Kingsly Eleazer" - the toast notifications of ICQ is working ...

Ryano89

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had not problems with the toast notifications of integrated facebook (messaging), until today (maybe they meshed something on the server) ... well, I have been using ICQ as a "Facebook Messenger" as suggested by "Kingsly Eleazer" - the toast notifications of ICQ is working ...

In a strange twist, I downloaded ICQ and for the first time since I've been on WP8(Lumia 928, purchased on launch day) I got messenger notifications through the SMS app! Coincidence?

Shane Vasquez

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if this is the right thread...but here it goes. I just swtched over from my Iphone to the Nokia 928 and this FB is complete crap. So after doing some research I went and tried to download the FB WP8 app but its telling me that its not downloadable. The app I have just says Facebook by Windows or something like that.

Are these the same thing? And if they aren't...how do I down load the FB WP8 version?

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Dont know if this is the right thread...but here it goes. I just swtched over from my Iphone to the Nokia 928 and this FB is complete crap. So after doing some research I went and tried to download the FB WP8 app but its telling me that its not downloadable. The app I have just says Facebook by Windows or something like that.

Are these the same thing? And if they aren't...how do I down load the FB WP8 version?

There is a beta app by Microsoft which should be very similar to your iPhone Version: Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
It is only downloadable by clicking on the link though (cause it is a beta).

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a Facebook app that has working push notifications? I don't mean for chat, I mean for notifications like mentions/tags/comments etc. The beta doesn't work at all, I have to manually check for notifications.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try it. Although the UI looks ugly, I think I can get used to it.

Edit: Facebook beta just got an update. Do you suppose it fixed notifications?

Added support for several languages
according to a guy in the app updates thread, so I am confident that the answer is no.

Yes, the UI is orignially based on the mobile site thus they cannot depart to far from it in terms of design, but JDB adds many nice features to it, that you cannot get in the mobile website or in the official app.
I suggest you use the theme that adjusts to your accent color, I really like it, I never liked the ugly blue FB tile ;)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or after last update for Facebook Beta (5.0.1.5), while opening conversation with friend, which I'm presently not talking to on facebook.. it keeps refreshing, making it unable to see older messages. Anyone experienced this issue?

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or after last update for Facebook Beta (5.0.1.5), while opening conversation with friend, which I'm presently not talking to on facebook.. it keeps refreshing, making it unable to see older messages. Anyone experienced this issue?

woot woot...they fixed this bug. Update is available in the appstore

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Messengers like IM+ and Talk.To only allow me to send messages when i'm signed into chat. Even the integrated chat signs me after sending messages. Is there any app or way to chat with my facebook friends while i'm not logged into chat. Going into the facebook app and using the messages seems a cumbersome process. Any way to simplify it?? or atleast any app that lets me filter my contacts just like the facebook chat on computer that lets me set my status online or offline for specific people??

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired with Facebook Beta. It's never-ending beta. They fix one thing and they mess up another. Now news feeds are randomly refreshing sometimes, and app goes up to the top news. Also there's now black frame 'make profile picture' appearing for few seconds after going back from any photo I opened. Even if it's not my photo...

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually IM+ its been very very helpful with facebook chat, you should check your settings because so far in receiveng all my messsges in time and with notifications, check your setting to see if theres something wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3