01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 1234 ...
tools
    MSFT not supporting! I think you have no clue about what you are talking.
    MSFT is paying Nokia 250 million USD quarterly for their support to WP and most probably this amount going to be increased.

More over if you had read the news today that Nokia has some concern about if MSFT start producing WP and this won't happen unless MSFT seeing not enough work from the OEM in supporting WP, the same they did with OEM for PC when they start doing their own hardware "Surface"
    This deal isn't free. It works both ways. MSFT is paying that money and in return also enjoying Nokia large patent portfolio, Nokia's location and maps services along with Nokia's exclusivity to platform and developer support.
    03-08-2013 04:47 PM
    Facebook+ Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I just use this. It works pretty well, has a good interface, etc.
    03-08-2013 05:46 PM
    Been toying around with how to get the FB app more in line with iPhone & Android versions and at the same time stick to the horizontal scroll style of WP. This is what I've got so far...
    fb_revamp.jpg
    03-08-2013 06:29 PM
    Been toying around with how to get the FB app more in line with iPhone & Android versions and at the same time stick to the horizontal scroll style of WP. This is what I've got so far...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fb_revamp.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	30272
    Dude, this is rlly rlly good! I would definitely want this better than the Facebook app now! Very clean and intuitive! Wow, very nice
    bozza72 and woahitsreeo like this.
    03-08-2013 06:37 PM
    IIRC, Microsoft outsourced the development of the Facebook app. Personally, I'd like Microsoft to take the reigns and develop the app since it's such a major platform, but I'm sure they're focusing on merging codebases between Windows 8, RT, and Windows Phone 8 to allow for easier cross platform development, among other things. The Facebook app isn't perfect, none are on any platform, but I'd much rather them focus on bigger things than the most recent Facebook update.
    03-08-2013 08:34 PM
    Facebook's stated policy is native for iOS and Android, HTML5 for what they call the long tail (everyone else).
    03-08-2013 09:54 PM
    I don't get the "lack of market share" argument. Even with a smaller share you are still talking about millions of users. Putting an official app out shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are talking about a couple dudes sitting at a computer writing code and then once it gets writing, it is all down hill from there. Work on bug fixes and pending updates. A few guys to serve a couple million customers. And some say that isn't smart business.
    I still don't understand this either. People talk like developing a 764kb app for a smartphone is on par with making the next Star Wars movie in terms of cost and effort. Just make the damned app and be done with it.
    afgzee, unreal_rik and rubenbest like this.
    03-08-2013 10:15 PM
    Is that app out, or something you are working on?
    03-08-2013 10:58 PM
    Facebook's stated policy is native for iOS and Android, HTML5 for what they call the long tail (everyone else).
    You also have to realise that Android got that native version just recently. So it took a really long time for Facebook to take android as a notable platform...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    03-08-2013 11:57 PM
    I still don't understand this either. People talk like developing a 764kb app for a smartphone is on par with making the next Star Wars movie in terms of cost and effort. Just make the damned app and be done with it.
    Devs are so cocky and lazy. I wish the whole wold can see your comment
    03-09-2013 01:25 AM
    I think it's just something he is working on. Would be sick to that has an app!
    03-09-2013 05:23 AM
    Microsoft have neglected the current Facebook app, and have made no announcement o tell their customers what is actually going on with the app. The other non-official apps have no notifications so they are useless to me, I just want an app, whether designed by Microsoft or Facebook that works, with all the features available in ios/android version and where I get instant notifications, its annoying when chatting to someone and you don't get a notification that a message has been sent to you.

Everyone tweet @joebelfiore on Twitter asking what is happening, as he's ignored mine.
    03-09-2013 05:31 AM
    i really like my windows phone...(nokia lumia 820), but those apps & game developers dont want make for windows phone 8... Feeling dissapointed and hopeless :/
    03-09-2013 06:00 AM
    03-09-2013 06:11 AM
    This is good, but it isn't really a solid answer, it just seems like a brush off.

I think Microsoft believes people will eventually just give up if they stay shut but it really isn't helping.
    xWisp and coldside like this.
    03-09-2013 06:33 AM
    By the time MS gets it working, people will have already jumped ship. MS think we will wait because with windows, we didn't have a choice. There are far better options out there with phones and they need to realize that people will not wait on them. They have had this same MO and failed every time with mobile. They will never catch up and never get ahead. They take the slow and steady approach, it won't work. Latest, greatest wins. WP8 is destined for the trash bin like all their other attempts if they don't get moving. People won't wait. And,"We are working on it" will only work if they deliver.
    03-09-2013 06:56 AM
    Reading the entire contents of Elop's email leads me to believe he's just brushing this guy off. Pretty pathetic response, honestly. Although, it's better than the radio silence from the official WP team which is just tragic.
    03-09-2013 07:20 AM
    They can brush us off if they wish, but they will be the losers when we all brush them off and Nokia goes bankrupt and Microsoft's list of attempts with mobile fails again
    03-09-2013 11:50 AM
    How on earth does one app's lack of updates makes one giant corporation bankrupt?
    Jaskys likes this.
    03-09-2013 01:20 PM
    How on earth does one app's lack of updates makes one giant corporation bankrupt?
    take your head out of the sand then maybe you'll understand what I meant.
    03-09-2013 01:56 PM
    take your head out of the sand then maybe you'll understand what I meant.
    Okay, it's out of sand. Still doesn't make sense. How does not updating an app or two, bust a company? Do we know how many other services they rely on?
    03-09-2013 03:05 PM
    Okay, it's out of sand. Still doesn't make sense. How does not updating an app or two, bust a company? Do we know how many other services they rely on?
    Facebook is used by a billion people. It won't bust them but it's still an important app. The most important if you ask me. I mean is there any other service that has more users than Facebook?
    03-09-2013 03:23 PM
    Facebook is used by a billion people. It won't bust them but it's still an important app. The most important if you ask me. I mean is there any other service that has more users than Facebook?
    According to Facebook about 80% of users use Facebook via m.facebook.com, not using an app for it. This data includes users of platforms that apparently have superior apps loaded with features like "buymeatoiletroll".
    03-09-2013 03:28 PM
    According to Facebook about 80% of users use Facebook via m.facebook.com, not using an app for it. This data includes users of platforms that apparently have superior apps loaded with features like "buymeatoiletroll".
    I'm part of that 80%
    03-09-2013 03:31 PM
    Than why come out with a app like MS did? If 80% of the people don't use it, why have it? Because, it is a pivotal app that many people do use on every platform. You can almost use it as a baseline for the platform. Especially in MS' case. FB app works about as well as everything else in OS. They want to throw out halfa$$ crap and that about sums up wp8 right now. People use apps. If they didn't, all your phone would have is a browser.
    03-09-2013 04:24 PM
1,280 1234 ...