Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Your thread - to talk whatever you want about Facebook on Windows Phone 7 or Windows Phone 8. Doesn't matter what model you own, come here and talk, share, keep it on topic.

Last edited:

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Facebook scrolls to the top?

So clearly there is lots of room for improvement in the Facebook app, but this bug renders it completely unusable for me.

Whenever I'm scrolling through my news feed, I get the loading bars and the page scrolls back to the top. This happens so many times I rarely get through the stories of the day before I give up.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

kbeez34

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Re: Facebook scrolls to the top?

Yup, drove me nuts. Go into the settings and uncheck the box for shake to refresh. It seems it's WAY too sensitive. I emailed the devs about it and have yet to hear a response.

kbeez34

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site

Weak. It's been behaving for me after I unchecked that setting. Only issue I really have now is it seems to load like 10 items before it has to reload when scrolling down.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

it doesn't appear to be the shake feature as it also does it when the phone isn't in my hand. They need to get their act together and get some updates out for this app.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

hold your thumb down when you back out to the main page and then let go, this keeps it from refreshing

Starlifter

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Facebook news feed missing multiple hours (HTC 8X VZN)

Question to everyone out there-

Has anyone else been having a problem with their facebook news feed? On my Verizon 8X it recently (within the last two weeks) has been omitting multiple hours of the news feed on both the people hub and on the facebook app. Basically, it will show somewhere around the most recent 2-5 hours and then skip back 24 or more hours, with the time in between missing. This has been verified by using the facebook website to make sure there were posts in that "missing" timeframe.

I don't know if this problem exactly syncs up with the portico update, but it was around the same time. All other features of both the people hub and the facebook app work normally. I can post, check in, comment on other people's posts, upload pictures, etc.

On a side note, does anyone know why some people's posts will appear only on the website and not in the people hub or on the mobile app? Always found that a bit odd...

Any help or insight is appreciated!

nashid_ashraf

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
RE: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

They won't. If they had any plans for WP8, they at least would have an official app.
Sent from my Grey Lumia 920 using Board Express

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

I just dont understand why facebook doesn't give a damn. Out of any OS no other one i know of has so fully and beautifully integrated into how it works. I don't understand why such neglect.

Also lets not pretend that BlackBerry is actually going anywhere any time soon.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Economics. Why develop for BB and wp8? They have practically no market share between them. Unless someone PAYS them to develop for less than 8% of the market, they will use resources for the other 75%+. Its just not good business to use resources on the small market. Also, MS can't even fix there own issues with OS. Why would developers support them if they won't support their own platform? Nokia is the only company supporting WP8. Also, if I were Nokia, I would go Android just to get MS moving. Its been 5 months since wp8 release, and eternity in mobile OS. The top 10 problems should be fixed. If MS wants support, they need to lead by example. "If you build it, they will come." Or something like that. MS hasn't built it yet. Its on stilts, leaning badly with life support failing and not a word out of them. So no, don't expect any support from big devs for a while.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

The older BB has an official Facebook app, and it gets updates occasionally. I'm sure when Z10 launches in the USA it will get its new Facebook app too.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't get the "lack of market share" argument. Even with a smaller share you are still talking about millions of users. Putting an official app out shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are talking about a couple dudes sitting at a computer writing code and then once it gets writing, it is all down hill from there. Work on bug fixes and pending updates. A few guys to serve a couple million customers. And some say that isn't smart business.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Economics. Why develop for BB and wp8? They have practically no market share between them. Unless someone PAYS them to develop for less than 8% of the market, they will use resources for the other 75%+. Its just not good business to use resources on the small market. Also, MS can't even fix there own issues with OS. Why would developers support them if they won't support their own platform? Nokia is the only company supporting WP8. Also, if I were Nokia, I would go Android just to get MS moving. Its been 5 months since wp8 release, and eternity in mobile OS. The top 10 problems should be fixed. If MS wants support, they need to lead by example. "If you build it, they will come." Or something like that. MS hasn't built it yet. Its on stilts, leaning badly with life support failing and not a word out of them. So no, don't expect any support from big devs for a while.
I could never respect Nokia if they go android way...
And they would be crushed by samsung immediatly and lose their good reputation and probably would be involved into lots of patents wars.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the "lack of market share" argument. Even with a smaller share you are still talking about millions of users. Putting an official app out shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are talking about a couple dudes sitting at a computer writing code and then once it gets writing, it is all down hill from there. Work on bug fixes and pending updates. A few guys to serve a couple million customers. And some say that isn't smart business.
Yes but they either have to pull some people from the mobile development team (they will lose some focus from android and ios then, since there's bound to be a lot of bugs because it'll be a new project for them) or hire new mobile app developers for WP8 (they'll then lose a few hundred thousand per year for something that barely gets used in the whole spectrum of Smartphones).

I really hate it, but I understand it. ALOT of websites and apps for other phones all are starting to look metro-ish and we're not getting them. Web Apps are enough for me, I wish we had a notification center because my official FB App would get a notification I can actually see then I can open the web app to look at whats going on and just click and back out of the main app to delete the notification. That's what I do now, I have my FB App and my FB Webapp pinned side by side. Open Webapp and read notification, back out then I just click my FB App once and back out.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
RE: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Forget the FB app. Download WebApps from the store then pin the Facebook web app to your home screen. It kills the app.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills