Viber loses connection?

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am using ios 7 and my connection keeps on going offline quite often. The internet connection is fine and does not interrupt other applications

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

compyy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
@Viber:

Viber doesnt work on even on 3G when screen is locked, when i go out, i only have 3G available as Wifi is turned on but not connected but still Viber calls are not received, I only see the notification when i unlock the screen or start Viber.

@jas091281 -

Please see this page for possible solutions: Messages/calls notification issue

@Sai Sharan -

Thanks for the details.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

goran loncarevic

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am from Montenegro, Europe. I have the same issue with Viber on my Nokia 520. The application fell asleep when the screen goes off. When somebody calls me with locked screen on my phone, my phone does not ring, even having a very good wi-fi reception in my room. What's wrong with Viber on W8 cellulars ? Anybody resolved this issue ? Please help.

Bill Gordon

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone 5S and have the new viber 4 and if I ring someone I can talk for a few minutes sometimes if i'm lucky and then it disconnects it says disconnected then it says searching and it does exactly the same on my friends phone I've tried reinstalling it but it's no better Viber is totally crap!
They should make an app that works or not bother at all I live in the UK

Ivaniela

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Chile. I use viber in my Iphone 4 and my laptop and my boyfriend, from austria, uses viber in his laptop. Yesterday we had problems with viber and the messages that I sent to him were late. Now, he can't send me messages. How could I fix this? Thanks!

huyquoc160895

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I'm from Vietnam. Can you help me? I have a problem that I can't use Viber on my Macbook. Every messages I send are failed. Viber shows "connecting" continuously. As you can see in this pic which I've taken. Please help me :) Thanks
Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 11.02.21 PM.png

Chokonu

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I got a problem: my viber works just fine for many days between many networks (work, home, gym club, etc...). Then suddenly it stops working when in my home network. Nothing I did to my home network could get it up again. Re-install viber fix that. But that's annoying if I would have to re-install again next time this kind of problems strikes. Could there be a clear and clean solution?

Flavian Gabi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, same problem (no connection) on my Viber Desktop.
I'm running Win7, I've made all permissions ON for Viber, even those firewall settings, but with no results. After install, Viber works great, but after the first reboot, there's no more connection. All the time i have to uninstall Viber and to reinstall it again... and again. And obviously, it's not so comfortable to do that over and over again. Same problem to many other users of Vibsktop (that's mine ! :D )

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

First, please make sure Viber was installed and running on an administrator user.
Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

Does the problem persist?

Flavian Gabi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Yes the ports are set on firewall, i don't use a router, and I've checked the antivirus too, everything seems fine.
And Viber is installed on with administrator user (right-click on setup then select "run as administrator").
Same problem.

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Yes the ports are set on firewall, i don't use a router, and I've checked the antivirus too, everything seems fine.
And Viber is installed on with administrator user (right-click on setup then select "run as administrator").
Same problem.

Thank you for the details.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

dusobe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's great that you representive Viber here, I'm from Croatia and using T-mobile , have Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone , if I reinstal viber i will lose all messages , and I neeed it .. so what to do ... desktop viber sending codes but my phone reciving message ''an error ocured ..please try again '' etc etc etc ...
Hi there,
I'm an official Viber representative here in the forum. I'm here to help :)

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's great that you representive Viber here, I'm from Croatia and using T-mobile , have Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone , if I reinstal viber i will lose all messages , and I neeed it .. so what to do ... desktop viber sending codes but my phone reciving message ''an error ocured ..please try again '' etc etc etc ...

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I understand what is the problem exactly..
You mean that you're trying to register to Viber Desktop and you fail?

Please describe the scenario step-by-step so we could assist.

BP1892

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Have a Nokia 928 and my contacts tell me I'm showing offline when I'm not currently using the app...that never happened when I had an Android phone.

Shaz Naqvi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
hey there i am using Nokia Lumia 620 in Pakistan and i am facing the same problem from couple of day. the messaging and every thing else is working fine but when i make call to someone it starts ringing and immediately call failed is written as soon as the other person attends the call. can anyone please help me in this regard.

saudm

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
hi i'm from pakistan, Lahore and i have an iphone 4s and latest version of viber installed. I can receive incomming calls but when i make calls it automatically says call failed after 2 rings. i have checked my firewall settings and ports are enabled. i have also reinstalled the app again but the problem is still there. please let me know the solution. Thanks

saudm

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
iam from Pakistan, Lahore and i'm using viber on iphone 4s. i can receive calls fine and messaging also works but when i make calls, it says call failed after 2 rings. i have checked my firewall settings and all ports are enabled and i have also tried reinstalling the app but the problem is still there. please let me know the solution thanks.

medo13

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
dear i have the same problem with viber desktop although the same network works fine with viber on my mobile and also through blustacks
on the same labtop

qasim51

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I live in UK and using Nokia Lumia 520, WP8 and using Viber v4.0.1. My problem is that if my viber screen is not open, then I can't receive any calls. My status goes 'offline' to other users as soon as I close my viber screen and open Home page. I do receive notifications of missed calls or any message. The same problem was earlier discussed on this thread by @wpanchal and @Raluca Rosa but I havn't found any solution. Any expert opinion??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2