Football Apps (nfl/ncaa) -> Can't find one that works like I'd like

detlion1643

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I've tried the Nokia football hub, ESPN scorecenter, and probably about 5 other apps.

I was hoping there was an app where I can pin a team (not game) and the live tile would update during 'any' game that team is playing. Reason being, it's a hassle to remember to pin all these games each week, and then un-pin and re-pin them.

I think the Nokia app was the only one I could pin a team, but the live tile did absolutely nothing.

Any other suggestions out there?

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
ESPN HUB you can pin teams....and get alerts and working live tiles you just have to enable them. When you pin your team bring it up and tap the bell set what alerts you want they will be toast alerts. set the live tile by taping the three dots and select "alert settings" and that's where you can turn on live tile. not sure how often the score is updated on the live tile during the course of the game, my guess is quarter/half/final plus the tile has to be big. Also if you updated to the latest version your teams have to be re pinned for the live tile to work. looks like ESPN scorecenter will do the samething

Last edited:

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with ESPN's various tiles. Tried them all and each one quit working after some time. I contacted ESPN about this and their only solution was to turn the Live Tile off, then back on. Tried many times with lackluster results. Until there is a big update, I'm staying away from ESPN. Nice app, but broken for such a large, technical company.

Just my thoughts....

detlion1643

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'll be trying out the Hub again for this Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully the games will be "updated" at least at the end of quarters...

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I would try Football Pro or Football Now if you haven't already. I haven't tried it the way you are looking to use them, but I was under the impression you could follow a team in both of those apps. I think Football Now says it more plainly that you can track a team and that it has frequent updates, whether that means updates to your liking, not totally sure, but not an unreasonable request to track your team and give you updates each time they play.

Also, I'm pretty unclear on who has access to what things in it, but you should also try NFL Mobile as that says it can track similarly, pin a tile to follow a team and get scoring plays I think. But not sure if that's an app for everyone or an app for Verizon customers, I think that part's available to everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix