HERE Drive vs Waze

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I like to use Waze navigation app in Android before I got a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I like it because it show the traffic flow/condition for the route I'm taking and it will always give me the faster routes that avoid the traffic jam based on the traffic flow reported by other Waze users.

Now in Nokia I have this HERE Drive, I know that it has the option to show the traffic flow, my question is will it show me the faster route that avoid the heavier traffic jam? How accurate is the traffic flow?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
here drive since many people here don't use waze.
honestly I never used waze , but I like here because of offline navigation, it automatically turns on the battery saver mode when using/auto day, night mode. live sight, I get directions in my native language(HINDI/ENGLISH).
can anyone share some key features/experience with waze ?

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
here drive since many people here don't use waze.
honestly I never used waze , but I like here because of offline navigation, it automatically turns on the battery saver mode when using/auto day, night mode. live sight, I get directions in my native language(HINDI/ENGLISH).
can anyone share some key features/experience with waze ?

From Malaysia here, i think the most of people (iphone and android users) are using Waze than HERE Drive. Waze showing more information that are reported by other Waze users such as police road block, random speed trap, road construction, vehicle stop at road side, and etc. In additon, Waze will show the road number for the next turning, so it's easier to recognise the turning by reading the road number showing on the signboard.

Since most users here using Waze, so i guess the traffic flow or traffic condition showing on Waze is more accurate?

Thanks.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I like to use Waze navigation app in Android before I got a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I like it because it show the traffic flow/condition for the route I'm taking and it will always give me the faster routes that avoid the traffic jam based on the traffic flow reported by other Waze users.

Now in Nokia I have this HERE Drive, I know that it has the option to show the traffic flow, my question is will it show me the faster route that avoid the heavier traffic jam? How accurate is the traffic flow?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

I think that Here + is fairly accurate with traffic times, at least in my area (greater NYC area). Here + you can specify commutes and it will give ETAs for these commutes. Also it will show you how traffic is affecting you in regards to your ETA, i.e. 6 mins out of a 30 min commute is due to traffic.

Try each for a week and see how they compare.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
waze does not work accurately here in my country , people don't use it much so the traffic data is not accurate , here drive is reliable , I use commute feature which make here drive +1

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Malaysia!

Here Drive is good simply because of the offline navigation. For traffic updates, you need internet connection and I do not enable data so I am not sure how it works.

Waze seems pretty popular in Malaysia, so I guess since it is already serving your needs well you could continue using it when you come over to WP8.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Here Drive exclusively, but have since switched to Waze. The routing seems to be better, and I like having up to the minute updates from other users. My only issue with Waze is there is no offline support. I wish there was a way for it to use the downloaded maps.

basford1

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I also use a Lumia 1520 and with Drive+ in Berlin. Mine is Ferrari red. The traffic density collection and routing output I find impressive especially as our roads often get congested or controlled by the Authorities. The Nokia HERE Offline maps with GPS and TBT nav I've used in several countries including Morocco, China, and Vietnam, without any physical maps and they worked superbly. Make sure you get a 12V/microUSB charger for your 1520 then you have the amperage to power it forever while you're driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac