Problem with Saved Pictures..

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This problem started recently.. Any pictures i receive from my contacts on WhatsApp, Viber etc, are being saved in a folder called 'Other Pictures' and not in the Saved Pictures folder.. So, i cant use these images to set as background or forward via WhatsApp etc as there isnt any option for selecting pics from this folder in the app itself.. Any Solutions??

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
That is how it is in WP8.1

Using them as background makes me believe that you are a beta user. Well the only way out for now , unless WhatsApp uses the new Photo Picker just like FB app recently did, is to either
  • save the image by photos hub into saved images and then pick it using WhatsApp picker
  • or to simply forward the image which was sent to you from that chat to your other contact , in case you need to send an already sent image

Do tell us when WhatsApp beta updates to use new picker.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh its a misunderstanding.. :D Not the background in Whatsapp!! I meant the start screen background..

Of course you can access the folder other pictures when setting a new start screen background picture. It's working perfectly fine for me. If for any reason it's not showing up for you, download any file explorer if your choice and move the desired pictures from other pictures folder to one that's accessible for you when choosing a background image.

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I had this kinda problem in the past. Like - I cannot send an Image from Saved pictures via Whatsapp!![No Such option] But, I can browse my photohub from Whatsapp to find that image and send. This problem solved after sometime, I dont think I did something....

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe there are some file viewers that can copy paste photos from one folder to another. You could try copying from the saved folder to camera roll. Not a great solution, but it should at least work.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Another option may be emailing the picture to yourself and opening/saving it from the email. Hopefully it will end up in a visible folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon