This problem started recently.. Any pictures i receive from my contacts on WhatsApp, Viber etc, are being saved in a folder called 'Other Pictures' and not in the Saved Pictures folder.. So, i cant use these images to set as background or forward via WhatsApp etc as there isnt any option for selecting pics from this folder in the app itself.. Any Solutions??
    05-25-2014 07:58 AM
    That is how it is in WP8.1

Using them as background makes me believe that you are a beta user. Well the only way out for now , unless WhatsApp uses the new Photo Picker just like FB app recently did, is to either
    • save the image by photos hub into saved images and then pick it using WhatsApp picker
    • or to simply forward the image which was sent to you from that chat to your other contact , in case you need to send an already sent image

Do tell us when WhatsApp beta updates to use new picker.
    05-25-2014 08:06 AM
    Oh its a misunderstanding.. :D Not the background in Whatsapp!! I meant the start screen background..
    05-25-2014 08:08 AM
    Oh its a misunderstanding.. :D Not the background in Whatsapp!! I meant the start screen background..
    Of course you can access the folder other pictures when setting a new start screen background picture. It's working perfectly fine for me. If for any reason it's not showing up for you, download any file explorer if your choice and move the desired pictures from other pictures folder to one that's accessible for you when choosing a background image.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-25-2014 08:13 AM
    That you still can do... Just go to start+theme , pick a pic , go to albums , open other -> whatsapp
    05-25-2014 08:15 AM
    There isn't any solution as of now. Microsoft is working hard with whatsapp team to fix such issues.
    05-25-2014 08:54 AM
    I had this kinda problem in the past. Like - I cannot send an Image from Saved pictures via Whatsapp!![No Such option] But, I can browse my photohub from Whatsapp to find that image and send. This problem solved after sometime, I dont think I did something....
    05-25-2014 10:34 AM
    I believe there are some file viewers that can copy paste photos from one folder to another. You could try copying from the saved folder to camera roll. Not a great solution, but it should at least work.
    05-25-2014 10:39 AM
    Another option may be emailing the picture to yourself and opening/saving it from the email. Hopefully it will end up in a visible folder.
    05-25-2014 10:57 AM
    Another option may be emailing the picture to yourself and opening/saving it from the email. Hopefully it will end up in a visible folder.
    Saved photos from emails go to the saved folder, not camera roll.
    05-25-2014 01:35 PM
    Saved photos from emails go to the saved folder, not camera roll.
    Right. And that's okay because I believe he said his problem was that they were in "other pictures"
    05-25-2014 05:27 PM
    There is no folder called 'Saved Pictures".. Even if I create one, it goes to the the other folder..
    05-26-2014 04:10 AM
    There is no folder called 'Saved Pictures".. Even if I create one, it goes to the the other folder..
    In the applications menu, try resetting your camera. This might help. Also, favorite the photo and see if you can select it then.
    05-26-2014 10:55 AM