04-09-2016 08:29 AM
139 123 ...
tools
    Hi guys, I've just receive this mail from snapchat:

Hi lowbounce,

We've noticed that you're using a third-party application to access Snapchat, putting yourself (and possibly your friends) at risk. Please change your password and stop using third-party applications when you access Snapchat.

For more information, or to change your password, please visit:
    snapchat.com/locked

Thanks,
    Team Snapchat
    I'm using 6snap and they might block my account for good but that's kind of annoying because on windows phone we don't have an official snapchat app. I hope that they'll annouce an app ASAP or, at least, that they'll not block me or everyone using 6snap. I'll try to change my password and see what's happend.
    11-14-2014 01:35 PM
    After the recent leak from a 3rd party app cant really blame them.
    FinancialP likes this.
    11-14-2014 02:28 PM
    But no official app for WP.
    11-14-2014 03:45 PM
    True, and for most platforms (iOS and Android) Snapchat has official apps. I don't understand why it took them two years to a) decide that they won't develop a WP app and b) NOT buy Rudy's app (fully developed, stable and functional) off him, make it more official and then rename it Snapchat and put it on the Store. Or, c) why didn't they hire him?!!! It took one man one month to develop a fully functioning snapchat client with MORE features than the official apps. Surely, it doesn't take too long to put some effort into an official app if they're pulling the rug out from third-party clients.
    Nathan Ryan likes this.
    11-14-2014 04:04 PM
    Time to put some pressure on snapchat team to develop an official Snapchat app or leave us on WP using 6 snap. I'm waiting for mail to show up.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-14-2014 04:16 PM
    we deffo need to start campaigning!! not fair that we dont get one and rest do
    11-14-2014 04:51 PM
    we deffo need to start campaigning!! not fair that we dont get one and rest do
    Isn't that like going to McDonald's and then complaining that you can't get a rib eye steak?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    iamtim likes this.
    11-14-2014 04:57 PM
    Hi guys, I've just receive this mail from snapchat:

I'm using 6snap and they might block my account for good but that's kind of annoying because on windows phone we don't have an official snapchat app. I hope that they'll annouce an app ASAP or, at least, that they'll not block me or everyone using 6snap. I'll try to change my password and see what's happend.

What Team Snapchat should really come out and say to the WP users is " STOP USING WPs". That's exactly what they're saying right now and to that I say FU/FO, DROP DEAD, GET A LIFE, WP IS THE BEST, CREATE AN APP WORTHY OF WP!!!!
    11-14-2014 05:00 PM
    CREATE AN APP WORTHY OF WP!!!!

Mind passing that on to the Microsoft Skype team? :)
    11-14-2014 05:28 PM
    What Team Snapchat should really come out and say to the WP users is " STOP USING WPs". That's exactly what they're saying right now and to that I say FU/FO, DROP DEAD, GET A LIFE, WP IS THE BEST, CREATE AN APP WORTHY OF WP!!!!
    Snapchat might actually agree with you that WP is the best. They are looking at users though.

I still find it hard to believe how users here buy a phone they know is neglected by developers, and then complain about lack of support. Maybe another one-liner is in order:

Would you move to Minnesota and then complain that it's not fair how your friend who moved to Phoenix enjoys balmy winters?

11-14-2014 08:02 PM
    Snapchat might actually agree with you that WP is the best. They are looking at users though.

I still find it hard to believe how users here buy a phone they know is neglected by developers, and then complain about lack of support. Maybe another one-liner is in order:

Would you move to Minnesota and then complain that it's not fair how your friend who moved to Phoenix enjoys balmy winters?

I have a windows phone because i love the OS and don't need that many apps. I have all the main apps i use often. I don't use snapchat often but I still want to voice my support and help convince devs to support the platform more.
    11-14-2014 08:10 PM
    I have a windows phone because i love the OS and don't need that many apps. I have all the main apps i use often. I don't use snapchat often but I still want to voice my support and help convince devs to support the platform more.
    Yes I know. And I see your point. But like most things in life, it comes with compromises. You choose WP knowing full well that you won't get the developer support you'd like. It's still your choice.

There is nothing unfair about it. Snapchat is a private business that can support or not support whoever they please. They don't owe anybody anything. I doubt they have a vested interest in blocking users, so there must be a valid reason for doing what they're doing with 3rd party apps. Security maybe?

11-14-2014 08:23 PM
    The response to 80% of the posts here is: Then stop using SnapChat. Its not a right as an american to use it. They dont have an official WP app, screw them then. SnapChat will be gone by the end of 2015 anyway. Its not the next twitter...
    11-14-2014 09:09 PM
    SnapChat will be gone by the end of 2015 anyway. Its not the next twitter...
    No it won't.
    Collin Rocka likes this.
    11-14-2014 09:31 PM
    Yes I know. And I see your point. But like most things in life, it comes with compromises. You choose WP knowing full well that you won't get the developer support you'd like. It's still your choice.

There is nothing unfair about it. Snapchat is a private business that can support or not support whoever they please. They don't owe anybody anything. I doubt they have a vested interest in blocking users, so there must be a valid reason for doing what they're doing with 3rd party apps. Security maybe?

I bought WP way before I knew about snapchat. I started using snapchat about a month ago but I'm using it hard since than. It's not my fault that they don't have an app for WP.
    11-15-2014 01:55 AM
    It actually isn't fair since we don't have a choice to use the official snap chat.
    Collin Rocka likes this.
    11-15-2014 06:00 AM
    AFAIK Snapchat have announced a public API but I suspect that it won't be here quick enough to save 6snap, we'll have to wait and see. Might be worth heading here and putting in your vote for Windows Phone:

https://support.snapchat.com/ca/incompatible
    twrist likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:25 PM
    AFAIK Snapchat have announced a public API but I suspect that it won't be here quick enough to save 6snap, we'll have to wait and see. Might be worth heading here and putting in your vote for Windows Phone:

Are APis out or did they only announce that they are in development?
    11-15-2014 01:32 PM
    Are APis out or did they only announce that they are in development?
    Nope, not here yet but in development.
    11-15-2014 01:35 PM
    Nope, not here yet but in development.
    Than this will probably take some time :(. I will try using the tablet more until this situation is resolved. I didn't get the mail from them yet though.
    neo158 likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:43 PM

You see this is the problem we hope we dont act all of us sure have twitter so why not join us all to complain to snapchat about saving 6snap & support WP someone yesterday create a hashtag #snapchatonwp go all support in in our benifit complaining here in forums wont help we must stand for our selves none we stand for us ✌️✌️Plus enough slaps every dam platform dumping us even microsoft with office i dont use it but we must stand up
    runamuck83 likes this.
    11-15-2014 02:48 PM
    You see this is the problem we hope we dont act all of us sure have twitter so why not join us all to complain to snapchat about saving 6snap & support WP someone yesterday create a hashtag #snapchatonwp go all support in in our benifit complaining here in forums wont help we must stand for our selves none we stand for us ����✌️✌️Plus enough slaps every dam platform dumping us even microsoft with office i dont use it but we must stand up
    Maybe it's because certain people on here call us "wah wahs", not my words, or whingers if we complain!!!
    Last edited by neo158; 11-15-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    theefman likes this.
    11-15-2014 03:14 PM
    Maybe it's because certain people on here call us "wah wahs", not my words, or whingers if we complain!!!
    Make your voice heard on Twitter. Maybe some things would change if we collectively as a large group made our voices heard to Snapchat that we deserve an app. That's right - DESERVE

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-snapchat.html
    Angry_Mushroom likes this.
    11-15-2014 08:56 PM
    I don't get the surprise by so many. Snapchat devs are within their right to block the use of their work product especially since Rudy didn't pay for it nor have permission to build onto it. At the same time it should be clear that WP want to use this app and they should be good sports and allow us in. But if they don't, you get get to steal from them then get incensed when they change the locks.
    11-15-2014 08:59 PM
    I think this tweet from Rudy should demonstrate alone to Snapchat how important having an app for WP should be to them...

Jazmac and Collin Rocka like this.
    11-15-2014 09:07 PM
139 123 ...