facebook app is still mediocre

Gauravs90

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm fed up off wp's facebook app. It's now soooo long and they haven't implimented a simple feature ie showing important posts in the news feed because of this I allways miss important posts and really enjoyable posts from my friends. It's set to default showing only newest posts only.

I'm really tempted to leave wp for this facebook feature only.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell you what you should value, so switch if you feel another platform will better meet your needs, none of them are for everyone. I can live with the mediocre Facebook app because I value other things, but my friend likes to get his hands dirty with Android and all the fancy things you can do with it, so he probably wouldn't enjoy Windows Phone at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 820 for past 2 yrs now and fed up of waiting facebook to improve.
Facebook, Instagram, etc...

Those of us who use these services know how you feel.

The Facebook app is significantly better than it was but still fails at some important points for me. So I know how you feel.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I have only one problem with the facebook app, just like the OP. I want to see top stories instead of recent posts. Why did they remove this from previous versions is a mystery of me.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You will never see any good apps until windows 10! My last try on Microsoft eco system is going to be windows 10, if it comes with the same BS as wp am switching to android.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
You will never see any good apps until windows 10! My last try on Microsoft eco system is going to be windows 10, if it comes with the same BS as wp am switching to android.

Have to say after a while on this platform, I'm feeling the same. Hope it works out since I really like the OS.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

It will be very similar to Wp8. What are you really expecting? Even 4.4 to 5.0 is not that major of a change.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It will be very similar to Wp8. What are you really expecting? Even 4.4 to 5.0 is not that major of a change.
Android lollipop has come with alot of improvements and changes to the overall quality design and performance to android, windows 10 should go the same route, new features( not delete& copy options)we should see significant change in the UI, APPS & functionality of the OS.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Android lollipop has come with alot of improvements and changes to the overall quality design and performance to android, windows 10 should go the same route, new features( not delete& copy options)we should see significant change in the UI, APPS & functionality of the OS.

Oh yes I do like the new Material Design(in Lollipop) but I dont think it was a big change, Google is just trying to implement uniform UI so that new/redesigned apps will follow a standard(like for Metro UI for WP but how many apps in WP do we see with the same Design pattern? :p), performance boosts is under hood, and yes, ART is supposed to be more power efficient and faster than the Dalvin. But our WP OS is already lagfree and mostly power-efficient . I would agree with you that WP10 should bring out extra features, more APIs for developers and better functionality. Lets see, what happens.

Whatever happens, it's upto developers to bring their apps better. A OS redesign(as you think) may not bring an evolution in Apps. The WP is still 5% or whatever market share.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The expectations for W10 are very high. I hope it's good but I fear it may fall short of some people's ideas.

As for apps. I sometimes get the impression that everyone thinks an app bonanza is coming with W10. I guess we can hope.

Gauravs90

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Now even after 1 year.. There's still difference between app and browsers news feed. Browsers news feed is more relevant to me as it doesn't duplicate every time i open face book and also shows more friends feeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon