Official Pok?mon GO for Windows Petition

Slyworm123

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I voted... Or sign the petition or whatever... I only had a few buck put down. $5.... Hope I could help more... Cause them avoiding windows phone are beginning to be annoying. So voting here! 😁 😊

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Why Bringing Pokemon GO on Windows Phone Is a Job Niantic Isn't Willing to Do
There?s a petition making the rounds out there that calls for Niantic to bring Pokemon GO on Windows phones, after the game was released on Android and iOS recently.

And while launching Pokemon GO on Windows 10 Mobile would be really good news for both users and the platform itself, as it could help fight criticism and stay close to Android and iOS in terms of app offering, there is something that makes the whole thing extremely difficult and that dramatically reduces the chances to see this happening.
As reddit user luxtabulahas sharply noticed, Pokemon GO?s back-end is based entirely on Google Maps services, and with Google showing absolutely no interest in Microsoft?s mobile platform, you can easily see where this one goes.

Switching to Microsoft Maps
The easiest way to bring Pokemon GO on Windows phones would be to turn to Microsoft?s bridges and port the iOS version to the platform (Project Astoria is already dead, so the Android version is out of discussion for the moment). But doing this involves work that Niantic is very unlikely to agree with, given the costs and the rather small market share of Windows Phone that seems to be convincing so many developers to jump ship these days.
A possible workaround would be to replace Google Maps with Microsoft
Apps, but this would obviously be a nightmare, and not only would it involve a lot of work to cover all locations and gyms, but it would also take a lot of time. And this means that bringing Pokemon GO on Windows Phone cannot happen overnight, even if the company agrees to do it.
And yet, the hype around this game shows that a Windows Phone version is indeed really needed, especially if Niantic doesn?t want to leave anyone behind. But given these technical difficulties that the company might experience for such a project, don?t get your hopes too high on a Windows Phone version of
Pokemon GO. At least, not too soon

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
faisalbaba is right. It completely depends on Google service even on the ios version. So the amount of work that it would require would not pay off in the end. It would be complete losses. Had Google had their services on windows mobile it would be a different story. Expect more games like that in the future that depend on Google.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hope google app come to windows mobile also Microsoft fault not made any flagship phone this year.windows is losing users.��

Well after reading through that thread it seems that Google Maps isn't really at fault since it uses unity. The issue is the dev would have to pay extra license costs to use it on windows mobile platform and then make some extra code changes. Though those code changes wouldn't be huge. The fact that they would have to pay to put it on a platform with such a small percentage of users is 100% loss for them from the get go.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Even if 35,000 users sign an online petition over the course of a year, does anyone think this will matter? On Facebook Mia Kunis posted a picture that had the caption "Like this photo if you want a that 70s show reunion show". In a couple of hours, it had 1 million votes. The difference between 35,000 people and zero people is not that great.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
maybe xda developers have some other solution. If not, then I'd try to use ios port and sideload it to my phone, there are already tons of unofficial google map apps that use stuff required, so it wouldn't be a big deal.

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I need this!!! I am actually thinking of getting a low cost android just for this. Niantic's old project never made it to our phones either so I have doubts, but since it is backed by Nintendo maybe we stand a chance. Also, given that we have some apps that are basically ports from the iOS apps (instagram, facebook,messenger etc) you'd think it'd be easier. Damn google :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon