WhatsApp sensationally slow at video upload

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with WhatsApp taking a really long time to send a video? I tried sending a 30 second video and it took exactly 7 minutes, while depleting about 10% of my battery. While my wife's iPhone 6 sends the same exact video under 15 seconds.

So why is my 950XL taking so long? Is it a phone issue or known WhatsApp issue?

Tried both versions of WhatsApp (consumer and Beta).

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the encoding that's awful. With large videos. WhatsApp tries re-encoding the video to reduce the size and it is horribly inefficient at it. What I do is bring the vid below 16Mb using video compressor and then send via WhatsApp. In that case, it just sends.

I guess it would be too much to ask WhatsApp to fix this, we should just be grateful they have an app for us.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure that the Whatsapp team doesn't read complaints posted here; no matter how sensational :p

I'd tell you to mail them, but they usually go with the automated response...

Amit Goyal4

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
For Window's user , updates of whatsapp , Facebook, Other apps take a lot of time. The app developers donot responds against feedback of windows phone.First developers work to make apps for Android & IOS only & provide updates to both android & IOS only. Windows 8.1 has some limitations may be developers can not develop apps. But Now developers are not working for window 10 also. Very slow on window platform or may be not to develop apps.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For Window's user , updates of whatsapp , Facebook, Other apps take a lot of time. The app developers donot responds against feedback of windows phone.First developers work to make apps for Android & IOS only & provide updates to both android & IOS only. Windows 8.1 has some limitations may be developers can not develop apps. But Now developers are not working for window 10 also. Very slow on window platform or may be not to develop apps.

The whatsapp dev team has automated answers for every platform :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes