Lumia 720 Sensitive Power Button

Martin Delarosa

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm so loving my phone since the day I bought it but NOT today. Hmmpf.

Whenever something goes near the power button, even without actually pressing on the button, it will either switch the screen on/off or goes directly to the power off pull down page.
And when I turn it off it will automatically switch on by itself (i'm just doing the normal power off not the soft restart).
Plus yes I already did the soft lock. Nothing happened. Still got the same problem. Don't know if it's a hardware problem but the power button looks and feels to be ok. It's not like it got stuck or something; it's still bouncing back.
Need help..

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yr 1st problem seems to be wired!!
But I think its a software problem only .did u try a soft reset??
I too have Lumia 720 and I faced that phone not getting swithed off problem .
Swith off yr phone and let it then start by itself as u said ...without opening the lockscreen do a soft reset( by pressing and holding power +volume down button).
Try this it helped me hope it wrks fr u.

kjsooraj

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My L720 has the exact opposite issue. The power button is very rigid and I am unable to lock or restart the phone. Already sent twice to Nokia care. But problem reappear after few days. So, installed lock screen app..
Still love the phone though..😊😊

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm so loving my phone since the day I bought it but NOT today. Hmmpf.

Whenever something goes near the power button, even without actually pressing on the button, it will either switch the screen on/off or goes directly to the power off pull down page.
And when I turn it off it will automatically switch on by itself (i'm just doing the normal power off not the soft restart).
Plus yes I already did the soft lock. Nothing happened. Still got the same problem. Don't know if it's a hardware problem but the power button looks and feels to be ok. It's not like it got stuck or something; it's still bouncing back.
Need help..

Have you solved it?

Shanmugasundaram T

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Wait until Windows Phone 8.1 official release and Lumia Cyan release that will fix this issue. Dont worry it is not a hardware issue. It is a bug in Windows Phone 8.1 if Battery is less than 50 %:eck:

vamsy dvk

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same issue ... Neither a soft nor a hard reset helped me...I am managing by lockscreen app and double tap to wake ....when I had done my first hard reset, problem was suspended for a while and now it suddenly started from the scratch 😞Is there any solution to the prob ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon