Cortana Alpha

AnkushPandey

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I wanted to ask why Cortana alpha speech is not working? It doesn't recognises anything I say.
I'm in India and set the language and speech both to English UK.
And why should I use alpha which doesn't give me any results when I ask her to find something. I would rather use full US version..

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Here's how you activate the alpha version of Cortana in India!
Settings>
Region-India
Language-United Kingdom(UK)(Hold the language option(UK) and it will pop up a option tab then select move up and then restart your phone)
Speech-United Kingdom

You should use alpha version because it will help Microsoft team to keep updating Cortana in India as Cortana is updated through servers itself!
You will notice few changes after 1 or 2 weeks like changes in sound and maybe they will add more option in "INTEREST" command of cortana :)
Use alpha version of IN rather than using US version of Cortana!!

AnkushPandey

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!
I already did what u said for the setings part. Cortana is working, but it doesn't recognises anything I say. It just says "Sorry, I didn't catch that".
I have to type manually to search anything..

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!
I already did what u said for the setings part. Cortana is working, but it doesn't recognises anything I say. It just says "Sorry, I didn't catch that".
I have to type manually to search anything..

Yeah we INDIANS have different english accent and the language set is UK(British accent)
British accent is very different from all other english accent and also is bit nippy!!
Wait for sometime MS will soon update the cortana servers as it is in still Alpha version!
Beta version will work smooth(atleast than alpha version) :\

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon