Cortana still says "beta?"

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else's Cortana still say "beta" in the top corner when you open up the program? I rolled back to WP8.0 and then uploaded WP8.1 (I did a hard reset afterwards) and then joined DP to get WP8.1 GDR1. Yet I still see that Cortana is beta.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else's Cortana still say "beta" in the top corner when you open up the program? I rolled back to WP8.0 and then uploaded WP8.1 (I did a hard reset afterwards) and then joined DP to get WP8.1 GDR1. Yet I still see that Cortana is beta.
That's because she is still in beta, there are still many improvements left to do.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Cortana like Xbox Music, is still in beta. The OS being RTM doesn't have anything to do with that.

I think we'd hate Xbox Music a little less if it said beta on it.

But I think a beta tag is still fitting for Cortana, it has come a long way but there's still room for new features, more voice acted dialogue, and a better synthesized voice.

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine says beta I just recently got my update from windows phone 8.0 to 8.1 and now i have cortana . Before i go on my opinion I like to state i went windows phone becasue i was a zune user and basically windows phone 7 is the zune os and well i loved it and the way it handled music. I was a rhasody user and switched to zune bacause hated the way the real/ rhasody software worked . Ok now jump forward i get my 8.1 update for my lumia 1520 and the music app runs slower does not show up my music on the sd card for literally 4 to 5 sec this is unsatifactory and now in the library does not have albums sorted by year. and it using my data more with the streaming feature ok i turned that off so thats solved . now cortana bug i found when uysing a wired headset i love using the the text to voice feature of previous windows phone i bicycle everywhere and it handing for text can text back and keep pedaling . now that cortana takes over if i am listening to music and i recieve i talk may way through listening to text and replying like usuall it longer than without cortana but it does respond better but than i am done and volumn of returningmusic is reduced well i think it is but have it playing through headphones and have through phone when on bike did not notice . But this happen on a day was on bus everyone turned around looked at me i play metal not the norm for most people this has consistantly happening so i turned off cortana and using the old way for now. So that being said music and cortana have a long way to go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon