corrupt apps

daudnavin

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I recently upgraded to wp8.1 on my lumia 820. Naturally, the first thing i did was transfer all the apps to the sd card. During the process, the card became full and apps couldnt copy and they became corrupted. They are not showing in the app list and i cant see them anywhere. The biggest problem is that because of these corrupt apps, i cant download anything else from the store. The apps are not on the card. They are stuck somewhere in the phones c: Drive
Can somebody please help????

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I recently upgraded to wp8.1 on my lumia 820. Naturally, the first thing i did was transfer all the apps to the sd card. During the process, the card became full and apps couldnt copy and they became corrupted. They are not showing in the app list and i cant see them anywhere. The biggest problem is that because of these corrupt apps, i cant download anything else from the store. The apps are not on the card. They are stuck somewhere in the phones c: Drive
Can somebody please help????
I recommend doing a hard reset and clearing your sd card when resetting too. I also suggest that you get an sd card with more space.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Then what will the hard reset do.. will it erase the apps if so how do I do it? I apologize dont know much about phones

A hard reset wipes all user data from the device... Everything but the OS is deleted. It doesn't delete what is on your SD card, but the apps there become unusable.

It is recommended to first copy everything off your SD card that you'd like to keep, then format it, and finally do the hard reset.

You'll find a thread explaining the hard reset process in our guides forum:

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
But if i do a hard reset.. Will my wp 8.1 go back to the original 8.0????
you got to settings > about then there should be an option to reset. Tap that and accept clearing the sd card and phone. You should copy out any other data you had on the sd too like music, photos and videos before you reset. It will be like starting the phone from fresh but with the latest update you had installed on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon