Windows phone and not getting e mails from BT Mail

W

WPCentral Question

Two days ago I had to change my password on BT Broadband to set up new BT Mail. No problem with that bit.
Went to set up new BT Mail on my windows phone (Samsung Omnia 7) and it just won't connect. The message I get, after phone trying to syncronise is 'attention required'.
Having tried several tips on the internet and then contacting BT , who e mailed me the same information that I have already tried what seems like hundreds of times, I am stumped.
To be fair to BT they have contacted me to say that 'someone' will phone later this week to hopefully help me.They tell me I'm the only person to have contacted them with this problem.
In the mean time I keep trying.
Anyone have any idea what is going on? Had the same problem? Any helpful advice gratefully received.
Thanks a lot, Granny of 6!

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you been to the email section of the BT community forums? There are a lot of similar problems reported there, though mostly for IOS and some for Android. Some solutions suggested that have worked for some people and not for others, some successes reported from the process of deleting the account on the phone and then creating it afresh. Good luck!

PS note that the bt.com login and password do not have to be the same as the bt-mail login and password, so if you changed the password just for your bt login your email password would not have changed.

grannyof6

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Dear King Stephen,
Thank you very much for replying to my post, it is much appreciated.
I have tried my computer password, which is the only other password that I have, to no avail and deleted each unsuccessful try as I've gone along. I will try the BT community website and hope that soon I may be able to connect to my emails once again.
If not I may just chuck it on the floor and jump up and down on it! In the old days we gave things a thump that played up....
Kind regards,

Granny of 6

grannyof6

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
No joy yet. However I have been promised a telephone call from BT level two team.. whatever that is, later today.
So keeping fingers firmly crossed and hope it all turns out ok.
Have also spoken to my mobile phone provider and they say that it's all up to BT, as I have no problems with my phone otherwise.
I'll let you know how it goes..... thanks for helping to keep me sane... :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett