Nokia 1020 is dead the camera light remains on while plugged in. Reboot 'fix' not working. What can I do?

W

WPCentral Question

Nokia 1020 dead, camera light remains on while plugged in. Reboot 'fix' not working.

Hi,

1020 went dead this morning. I've tried looking up all the reboot fixes, including holding down power for 15+ secs, holding down power and volume down for 15+ secs, holding down power, volume down and camera for 15+ secs and even holding the power down, followed by the volume sequence - none of which have worked. I've tried these all with the phone plugged in to mains, a computer and not plugged in at all. Interestingly, the phone's flash lights up when plugged into a PC and mains.

Hope you can help, this is really annoying and seems a relatively common fault?

Joshua Towers

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 1020 dead, camera light remains on while plugged in. Reboot 'fix' not working.

nsrt(nokia software recovery tool) and nokia care suite for dead phone

Thanks for the speedy response. I have tried the above tools and the problem still persists - with the NSRT I get to a point where the application asks me to soft reboot the phone (holding down power + volume down) but as previous mentioned this is ineffective, and I am back to square one as there is no alternative.

pkkp2000

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 1020 dead, camera light remains on while plugged in. Reboot 'fix' not working.

I got the exact same problem about 3 days back. I was on developer preview software. Now the phone is bricked and the flash light comes on when charging. The Nokia tools are not recognizing the phone (via PC) to flash it. Trying out various options. Will respond here if I succeed. Do have the warranty as a backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea