Raw filesystem access

W

WPCentral Question

I'm about to backup my phone in order to reset for WP8 again, since WP8.1 has too many bugs.
1. Music player is slow and laggy.
2. Can't take pictures (they won't save).
3. Can't record video (it won't save).
4. System -> Backup fails.
5. When phone runs out of battery, I MUST do a soft-reset or else it won't start.
6. Internet explorer won't load correctly sometimes.
7. SMS messages don't show up in the log at all. (Important one).

I have a few apps I wish to save the data from, where do I find their raw %APPDATA% windows equivalent? I just want to copy it to my computer, hard-reset, and not upgrade until WP8.1 has been thoroughly test.

Bourgond Aries

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The thing is I do not want that at all. I do not want a Microsoft account. I want the physical files on my computer. Then reset the phone, and return the files via USB transfer (e.g. data files/SQL dbs).

Also how do I know that MSA (Microsoft Account) has the data? Where is the data stored? How can I retrieve it after I downgraded? Do I have to enable backup of app data?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The thing is I do not want that at all. I do not want a Microsoft account. I want the physical files on my computer. Then reset the phone, and return the files via USB transfer (e.g. data files/SQL dbs).

Also how do I know that MSA (Microsoft Account) has the data? Where is the data stored? How can I retrieve it after I downgraded? Do I have to enable backup of app data?
It isn't possible locally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon