Is there any launcher app like on Android ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

is there any launcher app like on android ?

Unfortunately i'm having a reminisce with my other old phones so i miss them and took me to search if there's any app like you can change the appearance or feature of the phone (i.e. go launcher, yea like that.) thanks for answer if there's any.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there any launcher app like on android ?

search for launcher in app store.

there are a bunch of kitkat, nokia x, ios7 launchers.
but they are pretty basic, still try them out

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Not really. There are severl (not great) apps out there that mimic Android and iOS native launchers. But none of them can take place of the WP start screen. Meaning every time you hit the home button, you will return to the start screen.. not the "launcher" that you downloaded.

Fortunately, the Start Screen is one of the reasons I love WP so much. So im okay with that restriction. Also, those other apps that do exist aren't of high enough quality for you to want them to be your launcher anyway.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Android is the only modern OS that lets you do that IIRC.

Possible with jailbroken iOS I think.
Don't think you can do that on Bb.
Windows Phone hasn't been jailbroken.
webOS doesn't have those.
Palm OS did allow them (but its long since out of date)

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Not really. There are severl (not great) apps out there that mimic Android and iOS native launchers. But none of them can take place of the WP start screen. Meaning every time you hit the home button, you will return to the start screen.. not the "launcher" that you downloaded.

Fortunately, the Start Screen is one of the reasons I love WP so much. So im okay with that restriction. Also, those other apps that do exist aren't of high enough quality for you to want them to be your launcher anyway.

Actually, if you're running WP8.1.1, putting only the launcher in 'Apps Corner' makes the faux experience somewhat better. For example, the phone unlocks directly into the app, and pressing the start button returns to the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon