Suddenly my surface pro 3 stopped screen rotaion auto. and the lock icon of screen rotaion on the right bar with the bright section disappered. Now ı can only change screen way with settings display section but couldnt find how to make it auto again or how to add the auto lock screen rotation button to right bar again. any help? thanks
    12-09-2014 11:14 AM
    IDK if it will help, but if an external display is connected or a type cover is attached (and in typing position), the surface is automatically locked in landscape. So, maybe try disconnecting either or both of those if connected. Probably won't help your situation, just thought I'd throw that out there.
    kareem09 likes this.
    12-09-2014 11:23 AM
    Same issue Dec 2015 - none of the online suggestions and recommendations have resolved this.

Anyone else having this issue this year?
    12-16-2015 04:03 PM
    I just started having this same issue this morning. I was looking for the icon in notifications as I went to use the Surface 3 in portrait mode for One Note notes and it would not go to portrait mode, and noticed the icon is not even there. I checked out the troubleshooting page on Microsoft and got to the last option of restoring my Surface, which I do not want to do.
    12-22-2015 08:31 AM
    I am having this issue right now. I have the rotate screen and I've clicked and un clicked. I've restarted etc. to. Any advise on how to fix?
    Thanks
    12-28-2015 11:53 PM
    Jharkhand
    12-28-2015 11:56 PM
    I had this issue just after win 10 upgrade and could fix it ...by pressing the power button and volume up until the typecover backlight blinks. But after some 2 weeks its back again, no screen rotation ... now i'm looking for a permanent solution, made recently an update but still on same state
    01-15-2016 11:33 AM