Where do Expansys (USA) send the devices for warranty repair?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I sent my Lumia 930 for a warranty repair as it developed the famous Green spot (http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/325179-green-circle-screen.html). While trying to figure out the status of my phone, I emailed the Expansys-USA, and they replied

"Yes it has been sent to our repair center
We dont send the devices back to the manufacture since they were bought through our company we assist in the repair.
Repair turnaround time is estimated 12-16 weeks once we receive the
unit. "

Since, it was my primary phone, and I am eager to get it back (I got this issue the day I got Denim, imagine that!), does anyone have any idea where they send the phones for repair and does it really take 12-16 weeks? I was wondering since the phone is an HK variant, they might send it to HK, but I guess that's not the case and 12-16 weeks don't make sense.

I have sent it to their Bloomington, IL center.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My last Expansys return was horrible, it made me not want to ever buy from them again. They have fantastic deals that are hard to pass up, but you'd better hope that what you buy from them works correctly.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So, there have been a few developments about my L930. I thought I should update it if anyone wants to refer to.

After I sent the device for repairs, I frequently emailed them and asked about how much will it take, the status etc. Finally they told me that the repair will take a long time and they are sending me a replacement device - brand new, same color. It was out of stock for a few days, and I finally got it yesterday, after almost one month.

Other than the inconvenience of having to use some other phone for about a month (which was the older 920 in my case), I had an overall good experience with Expansys-USA. The Expansys guy Eric was very helpful and he facilitated the replacement process for me. I believe the experience would have been even better if my device was a US variant (930 is HK variant and is procured from there probably). Further, I sent only the handset for repair without accessories, and they returned me a brand new packed Lumia 930. So I have two sets of USB cable and charger adapter :p (Thank you Expansys).

I wish the best for everyone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon