Is the Classic Arc Torch compatible with RT?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

RT compatible mouse.

I'm thinking about buying a mouse, something that doesn't use much space and fits my geeky needs. I found the MS arc touch recently but seems like the Arc Touch Surface Edition mouse isn't easily avaiable in my country (also it's more pricey for some reason). I don't mind having a USB dongle attached to my tablet but I have other concern.. is the classic Arc Touch Mouse compaitble with RT? If not fully, then what functionality does it lacks? PS-offtop, wedge keyboard has a usb dongle? Could be a problem with just one USB port.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: RT compatible mouse.

I woud recommend a Bluetooth mouse because you do not need a dongle. I have one on my surface 2 (sculpt comfort mouse from microsoft) but every Bluetooth mouth will do.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Bluetooth is the way to go.

I would stay away from the Microsoft sculpt touch Bluetooth mouse... I have one and the touch wheel bugs me... It sometimes over reacts with scrolling or scrolls the direction you want then backs up the other direction a little... Also, if you use the touch wheel as a button, it sometimes registers as if you are scrolling rather than clicking it.

And I wasn't a fan of the arc mouse either, returned it after a week of frustration... It would lose connection and you had to flatten it, then snap it back to curved for it to connect again... Seems I found several people complaining about the same issue, so I didn't try to exchange it.

I wish Logitech would make a Bluetooth trackball. That would be perfect as you don't need a surface too move the "mouse" on... Great for in the move. They make a wireless one with a USB dongle, but I hate not having the single USB port open for USB sticks and such,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes