App won't install to phone after removing SD card, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

App won't install to phone after removing SD card

I have a Nokia Lumia 530, and I tried installing the app Trivia Crack to it. It's nothing wrong with the app itself, but the problem is that I had a faulty MicroSD card. So I did what people did when their SD card doesn't function: remove it. I went through and removed it through the Storage Sense. Now when I click on "Trivia Crack: Action Needed", it gives the message that SD card was not found. Well of course, my SD card isn't there. When I had first tried to download the app and it wouldn't install because of the faulty card, my settings were to download the app on to the card. However, through Storage Sense, those settings are disabled now because, well, I have no SD card inserted.

I guess the store still thinks that I'm trying to install it on to the card when I don't even have one installed.

So my question is: how do I install it on the phone itself and not the card?

Or, I guess this might work too: is there a way to clear the store cache? Then maybe I can refresh it and re-install Trivia Crack all over again.

I am trying to avoid a factory reset if that is possible.

Thanks.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: App won't install to phone after removing SD card

simple thing - go to all apps, uninstall this app. Now go to store and install it again. This time since you dont have memory card, it will install the app on phone memory.

KrutikaJoshi

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: App won't install to phone after removing SD card

Follow these three steps -

1) Remove the SD card
2) Uninstall the App
3) Clear the history
4) Check in Settings, if primary storage is mobile's memory and any reference to SD card is removed.
5) Reinstall the App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes