My Lumia 1520 is stuck on white sparkly screen even after a hard reset, how can I move past this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 1520 stuck on white sparkly screen even after hard reset.

Hi,
My lumia 1520 first became too slow and then unresponsive with a white sparkly screen. I tried soft reset which didnt work then I tried hard reset while doing hard reset exclamation mark never appeared but key combinations still took me to "gears" screen. After 9-10 hours i checked the phone again there was no gear screen and when i tried to unlock, the white sparkly screen appeared again. What should I do ?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 1520 stuck on white sparkly screen even after hard reset.

Hi,
My lumia 1520 first became too slow and then unresponsive with a white sparkly screen. I tried soft reset which didnt work then I tried hard reset while doing hard reset exclamation mark never appeared but key combinations still took me to "gears" screen. After 9-10 hours i checked the phone again there was no gear screen and when i tried to unlock, the white sparkly screen appeared again. What should I do ?

You'll need to download Lumia Recovery tool and restore your phone. Just install the app on your computer and connect your phone to restore.

Himanshu Verma

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I tried that as well..recovery tool was showing that software got downloaded and installed but phone screen remains the same snowy white and after sometime it turned black. I could only see the soft buttons( back, windows and search buttons) glowing at the bottom. :(

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I tried that as well..recovery tool was showing that software got downloaded and installed but phone screen remains the same snowy white and after sometime it turned black. I could only see the soft buttons( back, windows and search buttons) glowing at the bottom. :(

Ugh. Sounds like a hardware fault somewhere on the board controlling the screen. Warranty?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon