Why do I get an error when using Exchange Web Service library to develop custom App in Windows Phone 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Error using Exchange Web Service library to develop custom App in Windows Phone 8.1

Hi,

I am new to Windows Phone development. I have a basic need to access the Exchange Calendar.

I am using Windows Phone 8.1 SDK and Exchange Web Service 2.2 SDK.

As a first step I tried to use the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover dll to find the end points of the Exchange Server.

However on the first code statement

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService service = new AutodiscoverService();

It throws an exception ?

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.DLL but was not handled in user code

'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.ni.dll

I further tried some debugging and using Code Analyser I get following warnings ?

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll: warning CS1684: Reference to type 'System.Net.IPAddress' claims it is defined in 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\WindowsPhoneApp\v8.1\System.dll', but it could not be found.

And

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\Web Services\2.2\Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Auth.dll: warning MSB3817: The assembly "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\Web Services\2.2\Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Auth.dll" does not have a NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute on it. To be used in an app package, portable libraries must define a NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute on their main assembly (ie, the one containing code, not a satellite assembly).

I am not sure what the issue is, but when I try the same code it works in a Command Application. There are other errors but not the above ones. It at least executes few statements.

Can someone please help resolve this error and point me to links where I can find sample code with Windows Phone 8.1 implementation?

Thanks in Advance

Nasir

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk