Should I buy the lumia 735?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm almost done with my current contract and I'm looking for a new phone to buy.
I'm an Android user who has been stuck on jelly been ever since I bought my old phone so I'm pretty sick of it. I've been looking into windows phone as it offers an interesting alternative but I'm not sure if the os would be a step backwards, opinions have been varied about this.

Now to the question, I've been offered the lumia 735 and the moto g 2014. I really like the 735's screen (I think 4,7" is perferct, plus 312 ppi is really good), battery lifeand 4G but I'm skeptical about windows phone.

The moto g is another cool phone with lots to offer. I really like the update policy motorola has and the phone has a good look to it, but it lacks 4G and battery life is rather average, so I've read.

So, should I change to windows phone or just stick with android? I've been asking myself this question for about a month now, I hope you guys can help!

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You're on a Windows Phone site, so you'll likely hear that you should switch. It really depends on you. An Android would get me by, but I prefer Windows Phone. My WP broke 2 weeks ago and I've been using a spare iPhone for the past few weeks and while it does everything I need it to do, I can't wait to go back to WP when I pick up a new one. I talked both of my sisters into getting Windows Phones and now that their contracts are up, they're both looking to replace them with new Windows Phones, not Androids or iPhones, because they love the way the phones work.

Why are you skeptical of Windows Phone? What are you sick of with Android and what do you expect Windows Phone to bring to the table?

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
If you really Want to buy a WP device then wait until wp 10 is released and comes preinstalled with new devices.

I would not recommended wp to any one due to its horrible state with wp 8.1.my friend lends his Lumia 1520 for people he knew to test drive how would it work for them and all of them ended up with getting ios or android.

Probably this is not the best place to ask whether to get an android or windows phone,you would end up with biased results.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally would get the 735 because I just prefer Windows Phone over Android.

The app store isn't going to blow anyone away, but for me the fluidity/consistency and the relatively unique UX is worth it.

But my best one-size-fits-all advice would be to get something to test drive yourself since what works for me or harihar may not work for you. Whether a cheap Lumia to try, or just getting the 735 for the experience and sell it later. Best to judge firsthand.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I came to Windows Phone from Android. I chose the Lumia 735. It is far superior to the Moto G IMHO. Photo quality is superb, the screen is great, there's wireless charging, all of which are missing on the Moto G.

That said, I have just bought the LG G3 as my needs have changed. I'll be keeping the L735 as it's such a great device, but it probably won't be my daily driver for much longer.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
"I would not recommended wp to any one due to its horrible state with wp 8.1"

Explain. This is a little off-base. WP 8.1 runs great and is a completely viable alternative to iOS and Android, including many of the exact same features and some that the others don't offer.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
"I would not recommended wp to any one due to its horrible state with wp 8.1"

Explain. This is a little off-base. WP 8.1 runs great and is a completely viable alternative to iOS and Android, including many of the exact same features and some that the others don't offer.

If I state many would say you are just a troll or android or ios fan boy because they don't accept it and say it has been improved and i don't see any improvement with wp 8.1 with wp 8.0 which was awesome.I personally used Lumia 1520(friends) and 520.my experience with both of them aren't good with wp 8.1 compared wp 8.0 any my daily driver galaxy y.
As you asked I would state the horrible conditions

(splash screen-seriously even for system apps,loading and resuming,store search error,ie force closes,no background download agent,office does support images and videos,could not create presentation on the go, but can only make slight modifications,store does not download apps sometimes,music and videos app have no smooth functionality)

which msft says that they will get improved with wp 10.that why I advised not to get a WP 8.1 device but 10 with preinstalled.sure every phone would get it as some features require new hardware(eg miracast,630 does not 920*)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes