Bug in Viber sticker menu

W

WPCentral Question

The latest version of Viber does not display an icon in the menu stickers. Icon is simply not visible :-(
My phone - Lumia 925, version of my OS - Windows Phone 8.1 Denim.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screenshot of what you're trying to describe? I can see stickers and the icons normally in my device.

You would need to create a Windows Central account to be able to respond to this thread, takes less than 5 minutes.

Max Borowsky

May 20, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20150520_0001.jpg
I noted on the screenshot the place where the icon should be. Several times I reinstall the application, but the problem has not been solved.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That's strange, I just checked my L1020 and all the icons are showing as expected.

Could you go to Viber settings, Sticker Market and then try re-arranging your stickers? - see if that does something.

Max Borowsky

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Try re-arranging your stickers? I already did it. But it is ineffectual :unhappy: That is strange - if to tap a blank gray space where there has to be an icon, stickers from this pack are available.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Try re-arranging your stickers? I already did it. But it is ineffectual :unhappy: That is strange - if to tap a blank gray space where there has to be an icon, stickers from this pack are available.

Just to be sure: did it say "stickers from this pack are unavailable" or "available"?

If "unavailable", then that's the reason - stickers that used to be there are no longer available and the remnant is a blank space.

If "available", then I'm still not sure what's going on.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Then I don't know what's going on. Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the app (which didn't solve the problem), I can't think of any other possible solution at this point. Perhaps you can try loading your Viber account through your Desktop and see if the stickers are still not visible there, or in a second phone if you've got one.

Max Borowsky

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried to reinstall once again Viber, and again to load stickers from market. There was a message (1):
wp_ss_20150521_0001.jpg
I tap button (2) once again, and stickers, despite the message, were loaded, but the icon in the menu all the same didn't appear.

Perhaps, the reason of my problem - temporary market errors?...

P.S. Viber for Desktop (Windows 7) - it's not a problem.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's a possibility that Viber is encountering some minor issues now, though there seems to be no report about it. But since the desktop version seems alright, here's something you can try (just came to me now):

Uninstall Viber, clear your phone temporary files (Settings > Storage Sense > Phone > Temporary Files > delete). Once this is done, restart your phone. Once restarted, reinstall Viber. Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Max Borowsky

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks anyway, but reinstall and temporary deactivation of the account did not help. I waited a 24h, and then reinstall Viber again (after cleaning of temporary files), and I restart my smartphone, but I think the problem will be solved only with the release of a fresh update. Probably me "lucky" and I caught a rare bug :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon