Where is photo recognition?

W

WPCentral Question

I know that Windows phone used to have a recognition feature where you could point it at a picture of some art, like the Mona Lisa, and it would identify what the picture was of.

Did that feature get removed with Windows 8.1, or did they just move my cheese?

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
The feature was definitely there. I remember pointing the camera at the computer screen of a Mona Lisa picture and it definitely recognized it.

I want to say it was part of Bing at that point.

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
There are some apps for that but the best one I used so far is called "reverse image search"....... Guess the developer didn't have time to choose a real name lol. The app has the ability to search images using different image processors "4 engines including Google". While also having a built in browser"not the best" as well as you can take direct shots and search with that like Google goggles

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I fired up my old HTC 8x (I think that was what it was). Window Phone 7.5, I think. I had to wait a while for the battery to charge up. I'm surprised it even worked. It has been sitting in the drawer for years.

So the Bing Vision Search feature was there and still worked. I wish that feature were still there in Windows 8.1, but it looks like it is gone as far as I can tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes