Quick OneDrive question

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I just finally recovered my irresponsible W7 with the backup I made in December. So I've lost many many files, programs. I can reinstall them, time consuming but not a problem. But it MAYBE has also affected my OneDrive, the files I see in folder are from December. I am NOT CONNECTED to internet yet. So what I want to know is - if I connect to internet what will happen..
1. Will it simply update to current files on server? Delete what I have deleted and download what I have added since December. Or
2. Update THE SERVER with the file I have on OneDrive folder right now (on PC) Deleting files post-December?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This situation always make me worry as well everytime I reinstall my Windows. I decided to not take the risk, so I checked OneDrive web app to make sure all my files all up to date, remove the OneDrive app and files from W7, and set it as new. It will download the files from server to my PC.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This situation always make me worry as well everytime I reinstall my Windows. I decided to not take the risk, so I checked OneDrive web app to make sure all my files all up to date, remove the OneDrive app and files from W7, and set it as new. It will download the files from server to my PC.
unfortunately its to late for that now.
So anybody who knows what will happen here?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean with too late? It's not too late, you have to do it now before connecting OneDrive. Or did you already connected OneDrive to the internet?

I think I'm just too confusing myself.
No since recovery I haven't connected to internet at all. I did move files from OneDrive to new folder on desktop, and think all I have to do now is simply connect to internet and files from server will download automatically. Right?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm just too confusing myself.
No since recovery I haven't connected to internet at all. I did move files from OneDrive to new folder on desktop, and think all I have to do now is simply connect to internet and files from server will download automatically. Right?

Pretty much, to be safe REMEMBER you have to uninstall the OneDrive app then install it again so it won't sync the empty OneDrive folder to the server.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
If i delete file from PC , it gets deleted from OneDrive too and vice-versa, so dont take risk as if all files will be sync'd with OneDrive. Its too much risk to take when you can simply do whats suggested by noersetiawan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon