How do I delete areas of a map that I am not interested in (Windows Phone 8.1)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Maps in windows phone 8.1

I have a microsoft lumia 532 dual sim with windows phone 8.1. Each time I use the maps and I'm connected to a wi-fi, their size gets bigger, probably because more data is being downloaded.

I would like to ask how can I delete the areas of the maps to which I'm not interested, in order to free some memory.

Thank you

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Maps in windows phone 8.1

If the locations of concern are in the same country, then there seems to be no way to delete them on their own. If you really want to free some space, then you would need to delete the entire map database from your phone, and then reload only the areas you want, i.e. by not moving your map to areas which you don't want to be loaded to your phone.

If the locations of concern are from a different country, then you could go to the map options and select the country you wish to delete.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Maps in windows phone 8.1

So, what is the exact way to do this? I can't find something like that to the map options.

Launch Maps > settings > download maps > tap on the "select" icon beside the + icon > tick the country you wish to delete > tap on the delete icon.

You can also access the map settings through your phone Settings > swipe to Applications > maps.

Welcome to Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes