Buttons not working sometimes - warranty?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I noticed that the back, home and search button don't work sometimes. I have the feeling that touching the screen and then the back button again helps sometimes.
I already tried a hard reset but it doesn't seem to be a software problem.
A few months ago I dropped my phone but everything worked fine until a few days ago. There are only some dents on the frame.
Is the problem with the buttons covered by warranty or not?
Thank you

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hardware problems, such as touch screen malfunctions and buttons. However, improper handling and misuse, such as dropping the device, usually voids the warranty. The dents on the frame are clear indicators that the phone was dropped, and the service center would most probably not honor the warranty if they learn that the device was dropped.

If the phone wasn't dropped, then the problem with buttons/touch screen malfunctions would be covered by warranty.

tobiastwitt3r

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I dropped it on the first day. It fell out of my pocket and I tried to safe it with my foot but couldn't completely catch it. It worked fine for four months and now it's behaving strange so I don't think it is related to dropping. But you're right, the service center wouldn't believe me. Thanks for your advice. I guess I'll just leave it as is. It is usable but a bit annoying at times. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon