Why can't my HTC X8 use the recovery tool after Win10 preview - no packages on server?

W

WPCentral Question

HTC X8 cant use recovery tool after win10 preview - no packages on server

My HTC X8 - updated to win 10 tech preview today - and, should NEVER have said yes to that...wow.. after the update everythings tiny - like the screen has wrong resolution - and it reboots itself every 3 to 5 minutes - totally screwed. When the phone gets to start - it says problems occured during/after update and if I want, I can roll back to previos version - go to settings - "roll back" - or something - I have norwegian phone - so not sure what it says in english - ANYway - that setting /choice doesnt EXIST...
SO I figured to use the windows recovery tool - And I reboot the phone and follow instructions - but then it just says "package not found on server"... Anyone have any good ideas ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is only HTC One M8 and Lumia devices in the tool...

I'm sorry to say you are stuck with no way to revert ATM.

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 4

Limbomusic

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Me too.. Gonna have to get a new phone.. which is maybe what MS wanted in the first place... I will however - NEVER again be a windows insider... or try ANY previews.. Still love windowsphone tho...%&/&% my own fault. arg.

Potato_Joe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to revert back but I was able to stop the reset, the trick is it will only last until you restart your phone again but I've kept mine active a few days now.

Do a factory reset: settings->device->about->reset phone

When the factory reset finishes reinstalling windows 10, after doing initial setup of wifi and app installation it will tell you to reboot, DO NOT click OK, instead push the back button and you will be brought to your home screen. The phone will only start the reboot cycle once you do the first reboot after the windows 10 install. As long as you keep your phone from turning off things should work fine from there on out. Text is tiny, but the ease of access settings can help magnify it at least a little bit.

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon