How do I turn off the life at glance mode for Windows 10?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

How do i turn off the life at glance mode for windows 10?

so hi there. There is this thing in windows 10 called life at glance mode which basically looks like windows 8 i want to have a normal desktop where i can put shortcuts to apps that i want and i cant go out of it need help.I wish i could show pics

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do i turn off the life at glance mode for windows 10?

˝Life at a glance˝ is the header name of the first group of Windows 10 tiles. If your Start screen menu is in full screen mode, simply click Windows Home button and it'll hide. To make Start screen menu smaller, go to Settings app, Personalization, Start and turn off ˝Use Start full screen˝. Click Windows Home button, right click on tiles you want to remove and click Unpin from Start. Repeat the process till all Tiles are removed, select right border of the Start Screen and drag it to the left. Here you go, your Start Screen Menu isn't in full screen mode, tiles are removed, and Start Menu looks similar to Windows 7 menu. Hope it helps.

amvrit

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I just fixed mine had the same issue. Someone messed with my touchscreen laptop and accidently turned on tablet mode which changed my desktop view to "Life at a glance" and such. Simply swipe from the very right to left of your computer screen and Action Center column should pop out. Its one of the boxes at the bottom, just touch Tablet Mode off. Went back to desktop view.

jinglejazz

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with my life at a glance, all my text beside icons disappeared. I went into settings, control panel, personalization, colours, locks, then clicked start in left side menu, then turn off use start full menu, then close, click the start menu on task bar, you should see life at a glance on again, or you can turn it off the same way. No thanks to Microsoft for answering this question, seems they deliberately avoid the question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon