I upgraded from 8 to 10 and now it ignores my power settings and constantly goes into sleep mode.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I've tried several fixes that have been posted within various threads but nothing seems to work. I have an Alienware Alpha, which had Windows 8.1 and never had this issue before. When streaming Netflix or listening to music it doesn't have this problem, but when I'm reading and not using my mouse or keyboard it only takes a minute for it to go into sleep mode which is frustrating since I've set all my power settings to "never", adjusted my screen saver to 3000 minutes/blank/none, someone even suggested uninstalling the 360 controller software and restarting then reinstalling (which was pointless) and still no change. I have hundreds of gigs worth of games on here and really don't want to do a clean install and have to reinstall everything unless it's the only option, and even then I fear that wont fix the issue. Please help!

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but have you tried changing which power scheme you're using? You said you set them all to sleep "never", but you didn't clarify if you actually tried using an alternate scheme.

It's possible one or more of them are corrupted and needs rebuilt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes